Holy Roman Emperor, King of Poland and Lithuania

Susano

Banned
Dont forget King of Hungary :p

And much like Hungary, Polan dan dlithuania would not be integrated into the HRE, so it wouldnt effect the religious demographics in the Empire. Though it would of coruse mean a larger ressource base for Habsburg...

Bright day
What does it do with Sweden?

OTL they were campaigning in Poland at the start of 30 Years War.

Does this enlarge Muscovy's role in the war?

Will catholic lords be worried abotu Habsburg power, or will protestant lords be cowed?

Well, as I see it, instead of just Bohemia rebelling against Habsburgs as the start of OTL 30-year war, it will be Bohemia+Poland+Lithuania rebelling against Habsburgs:D

Susano

Banned
Well, as I see it, instead of just Bohemia rebelling against Habsburgs as the start of OTL 30-year war, it will be Bohemia+Poland+Lithuania rebelling against Habsburgs:D

Unlikely, as the revolution was religious in nature, and Poland an dLithuania did not have as much a Proetstant influence as Bohemia had.

Unlikely, as the revolution was religious in nature, and Poland an dLithuania did not have as much a Proetstant influence as Bohemia had.

The rebellion was not only religious in nature. Large part of it was laso Bohemian Estates opposing centralization.

Philip

Donor
The rebellion was not only religious in nature. Large part of it was laso Bohemian Estates opposing centralization.

And even if the rebellion was only religious, the war grew into more than that. Catholic France supported the Protestants against the Habsburgs.

Susano

Banned
And even if the rebellion was only religious, the war grew into more than that. Catholic France supported the Protestants against the Habsburgs.

Yes, true, the following 30 Years War. But teh question was about the original Bohemian revolt.

Hapsburg

Banned
Well, Poland traditionally had been closely allied to Bohemia, and in several ways also to Hungary, prior to Habsburg ascension in Bohemia-Hungary.
If Poland was added to the Habsburg Crown in the late 1500s, they might throw their lot in with the rebels in Bohemia, perhaps in support of "religious freedom", which IIRC was a fairly big piece of 16th and 17th century ideas on Polish patriotism.
It all depends on how well-received Maximilian II, and more importantly his successors, are in Poland-Lithuania.

Last edited:

Hapsburg

Banned
:eek:

I meant Bohemia...I think.:D
I'm getting kinda delirious. Or delicious. Whichever. I no sleep much yesternight.:D

Traditionally, you say? So what about XI to XIV C., hmm?

Bright day
You mean when Ottocar II raised merceneraies in Poland or when Wenceslaus II and III were kings of Poland.

Or you mean the time when Poland was bit nebulous and Silesians were moving after the throne with Przemyslid support?

But, yes. Calling Bohemia and POland the "bestest friends forever!", is not actually true.

That would have to be the ultimate "Poland-X Commonwealth" cliché...Poland-Poland...I smell a challenge... ;)

I think you were beaten by OTL with Small Poland and Great Poland... though it wasn't actually known as Poland-Poland.

Thande

Donor
I think you were beaten by OTL with Small Poland and Great Poland... though it wasn't actually known as Poland-Poland.

I was aware of that, although I thought it was more of an expansion by one into the other rather than a union. I suppose you could have "All the Polands"...

I was aware of that, although I thought it was more of an expansion by one into the other rather than a union. I suppose you could have "All the Polands"...

Well Russians did not have a union and managed to have "All the Russias", so why not?

Now we just need to unite this Poland with Russia and Austria and we'd have the greatest Imperial title ever... :D