Map Contest Round VI

Okay folks now that the preliminary five rounds have given us six map makers (the five winners/runner-ups and the one wild card position) who are to compete in round VI to name the champion of the 2006 Map Contest. Again a big thanks to all participants of this years new challenge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A quick recap of the contest winners:

Round I winner: EdT
Round I runner-up: Imajin
Round II winner: Kabraloth
Round II runner-up: ???
Round III winner: Imajin
Round III runner-up: Imperator
Round IV winner: TheLoneAmigo
Round IV runner-up: Scarecrow
Round V winner: EdT
Round V runner-up: Nek*
*Nek will be taking the Round V place because EdT already won the first round.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I need EdT, Kabraloth, Imajin, TheLoneAmigo, and Nek to post in this thread that they are aware that round VI is going to start soon. Diamond will hopefully post the wild card position soon in this thread also (so runners-up keep an eye out as you may be filling that slot).

I have the challenge for Round VI from Ian himself ready to go I just need you guys to report in.

And for a sneak peek at what the winner gets to put in his sig:

Map Contest Trophy.PNG

Diamond

Banned
Thande was the runner-up for Round 2.

Scarecrow will be the wild-card entrant for the sixth and final round.

Final line-up of contestants for Round VI will be:

EdT
Kabraloth
Imajin
TheLoneAmigo
Nek
Scarecrow

Thande

Donor
Thande was the runner-up for Round 2.
Well, that's something. I was quite taken with that drowned Britain map I did; in fact I'm half twitching to do a story in it, even though it's hardly the most plausible of scenarios.

I'm awake! I'm awake! Did I miss anything?

Actually, I'm going to be away for the next two days... end of school celebrations... I will have plenty of time to work on maps when I get back, so I sure hope the contest isn't over by then.

I'm awake! I'm awake! Did I miss anything?

Actually, I'm going to be away for the next two days... end of school celebrations... I will have plenty of time to work on maps when I get back, so I sure hope the contest isn't over by then.

No it won't be. Same full week like the rest. Although there was discussion making this one only three days time limit...RL has to much of a way of interfering so I'm inclined to leave you guys a week to do this.

Thus spake Ian

Okay now that everyone has responded and has been made aware here is the challenge set forth by none other than Ian:

Ian the Admin said:
Okay guys, my off-the-cuff suggestion. Let me know if it's suitable.

December 17, 1793: In the middle of the French Revolution, Royalist forces have retaken the city of Toulon and called in British and foreign troops. At the end of a months-long seige, French forces retake Toulon in the middle of the night. The following morning the architect of their victory, artillery commander Napoleon Bonaparte, lies dead from a British bayonet.

The map should be a world map set at a date between 1900 and 1950.

Ian

You have a week to finish this thing, i.e. 6 PM EST December 13th, 2006. Make it your best effort or face the ridicule of the likes that only this forum can unleash.

Best of luck to all the contestants...oh and as a teaser let it be known now that the winner will be getting a surprise upon the acknowledgment of their victory. :D