Map Contest: Round III

First here are the rules again in case you have forgotten them.

You have one week (and roughly eight hours) to finish this challenge. Round three maps must be in by 6 PM EST next Friday. Remember you can post your map at any time but the first map you post is the one we are going to accept (any additional ones will be ignored). New contestants are welcome.

***Remember to use the Map Contest Discussion thread for all comments as we don't want to clutter up this thread with comments.***

With that out of the way the contest challenge is... :drum roll:

dum...dum...dum...dum

...a do anything you damned well please map. We don't care what it is, just show us off your M@d map making skillZ.

Good luck and may the best map maker win!

Just to clarify the map should have some type of ATL feel to it, how great or small is up to you, but if the judges can't tell then your map may not go to far.

(Happy Thande?)

In the latter half of the twentieth century, something causes civilization to completely collapse in North America...

Now, it is 2219, and civilization still struggles to rebuild itself to it's former heights...

postapmass.png

Here we go, the year is 1981 and India and Pakistan has clashed once again. But now India is backed upp by its allies Abyssinia and Persia. Seeing the oppurtunity India launched an invasion of Sri Lanka (in this time a rival equal of Pakistan) and Bangladesh (also a rival). The UN is highly protesting and demands a end of fighting but are met with silence. China gets involved when they pushed terretorial claims, the situation got worse when 32 Chinese soliders where killed in a border incident and so China declared war on India. The UN could only look on in horror but it was to get much worse.

India.PNG

Here's my effort, no idea what the PoD is or anything but I thought it was a nice concept...

Roman-New-England.jpg

can i try?

I know i wont win, but i wanna try

EDIT: Does it have to have ATL feel?
The only thing that might slightly seem ATL is the British Isles... but i put alot of effort into the map :-\.... lol

Europe%20in%20Flags.PNG

Peron aligns himself with the Allies early on in WW2, leading to unexpected consequences... a true European federation, a united Korea, a superpower India and an African empire.

peron.gif

contest3mapsmallet5.jpg

POD: Austria-Hungary signs a peace treaty with the Allies earlier and falls apart differently. Austria retains Tyrol and Slovenia, while butterflies make other border changes in the coming decades. Italy, angered by its meager gains, falls under a fascist regime and orients itself with Germany against Austria, as both countries would like to see Austria dismembered. Italo-German aggression pushes Austria into the camp of Britain and France. Now as the greatest conflict in the history of the world is about to unfurl, Europe is split into three groups...

tada! my map for round 3!!!

the POD (or whatever) is that the tradition of mercentile republics is able to survive in Southern Italy as well as in the North, which has some interesting effects. Palermo, because of her possition pretty much owns trade through the middle of the mediterannian, especialy once they take the pirates nest that is Malta. The result of this is that Genoa pretty much goes the way of Pisa before it.
Carthage is a crusader kingdom btw.

Non-Italian states are in grey, because they are not the focus of this map:D

3week1_PNG.PNG

Thande

Donor
Fairly simplistic but I thought I'd enter it anyway.

(Upside down because it's drawn up from an Arab perspective).

Map Contest Entry Week 3.gif

Last edited:
A somwhat different race arrives on a somewhat different Terra in 1923.
As a demonstration of their abilities, they nuke a random city in Asia. The Great Powers are not impressed (or care about Asia). Only after 3 more cities are nuked do they understand what is going on and formally submit in 1926.
This is a map of before the annexation of large parts of Africa, America and Asia.

I admit, I had no clue what to do. So I did the escapist solution: some random thingy.

RaceIn1923.png

A map made from the Incan perspective. Many powers get involved in the colonization of North America. Pretty much ASB mut meh :D
mapchallangecdw7.png

And the winner of Round III is...

: Drum roll :

dum...dum...dum...

Imajin

A round of applause for our winner. :applause:

Congrats Imajin!

Round IV coming to a thread near you Monday (when I get around to posting it).