Map Contest: Round 2

Well I was going to post this later today but events this afternoon at work are going to prevent that from happening. So you all get a little extra time to work on the next round.

First here are the rules again in case you have forgotten them.

You have one week (and roughly seven hours) to finish this challenge. Round two maps must be in by 4 PM EST next Tuesday. Remember you can post your map at any time but this time around the first map you post is the one we are going to accept (any additional ones will be ignored).

***Remember to use the Map Contest Discussion thread for all comments as we don't want to clutter up this thread with comments.***

With that out of the way the contest challenge is... :drum roll:

dum...dum...dum...dum

...a Fantasy themed map.

A little explanation as to what a fantasy map is. A fantasy map could be a completely original map made up by you, a redone map of an existing story (for example say a map of Middle Earth...and so help me if someone does this it had better be original cause if I find out you snitched it from another website....... :mad: ), it could be a fantasy take on Earth.

Best of luck to you in this round,

The judges three

Flight From Atlantis

Ha! I'm the first:

entry.PNG

The Alliance of Europe​

Five years after the Great Centaur Rampage, the peoples of Europe have remained together in the Alliance, with the notable exception of the Vampyres, who have descended into civil war and their areas quarantined.​

The names hold secrets, see how many you can find.​

Fantasy Europe take two.png

Here's mine- I went for a more steampunky vibe then the sword-and-sorcery route, this is a page from the 1911 edition of "Grey's Atlas of the Solar System"... Oh, and while the Royal Navy's space-dreadnaughts are very capable, I have a feeling they may regret going anywhere near Pluto :D

Venus.jpg

It's the first time I've tried using vectors to make a map, I'm quite pleased with the overall effect.

...but effective? :D;):p

Anyway, here's my entry.

EDIT: I relaised I uploaded the half-finished version. That's NOT cheating the rules, right?

Satanic Isles.png

Last edited:
The year is 1220 and Islam never gained ground so instead Christianity became dominant int he region. However an evil is spreading from the East. The recently dead are coming to life and turns on the living, feating on them, anyone who recives a bite of the dead soon turns into one of them. The Pope has called for a crusade against this evil but it is spreading fast...

arabia.png

Not that you all shouldn't have realized this but contest 2 is finished, results for the contest will be revealed when the votes have been tallied.

Thank you to all the participants.