MAP CONTEST: First map challenge.

Thande

Donor
Here's my entry. Different end to WW2, different Cold War, etc. Current year is 1975.

Map Contest Entry 3.JPG

After spending ~6 hours researching, fixing, critiqing, having a friend down to use the computer, eating, drinking, using the bathroom and actually doing stuff on the map... Here it is, Trotskyite Europe:

Trotskyite USSR.PNG

Last edited:
Here's my entry. Different end to WW2, different Cold War, etc. Current year is 1975.

I thought we had to wait a week before posting our entries.

You do. ..........

Erm.... Should I delete mine?

Only if you don't want that to be your entry...

Okay then.

NOBODY COPY MY MAP!

Yes please do not post your map until next Saturday. If you cannot delete what you have placed you may ask Ian or one of the mods to delete and resubmit it then.

Do be aware that it might take us judges a few days or so to decide after the deadline. Thanks.

Diamond

Banned
Sorry; I misread Keenir's post. I thought he said "I thought we had a week to post our entries", not "I thought we had to wait a week to post our entries". :eek:

I don't think we established any strict when-you-can-post for this, but it does make sense to wait until the last day to post.

Perhaps we should start over?

Right, my contribution- may as well get in early...

AGB-Croatia.gif

This map is from my "A Greater Britain" TL, circa 1942 (so it's a sneak preview of things to come really ;)). It's part of The Nation of Europe campaign, an education drive by the European Union aimed at raising the profile of the new organisation. The image, and others in the series will appear on cigarette cards, posters and newspapers across the Union- the reverse side lists facts and a brief history of the nation concerned.

The Union's flag appears on the bottom left- The circle and flash are intended to represent unity and purpose respectively, while the yellow sphere represents the light that European culture brings to the world.

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
Diamond, Shadow Knight, is it okay if I withdraw that map above and enter a PNG or GIF version instead? I just realised, I've lost my diagonal shading. :(

Sorry; I misread Keenir's post. I thought he said "I thought we had a week to post our entries", not "I thought we had to wait a week to post our entries". :eek:

I don't think we established any strict when-you-can-post for this, but it does make sense to wait until the last day to post.

Perhaps we should start over?

Okay here is what we'll do we shall accept the last map posted in the thread that is yours as your entry for the first contest. Further contests will require that you **NOT*** post it until the day that it is due (i.e. For example if it is due on a Friday then at 12 AM EST Friday you can start posting them up until 6 PM EST.).

ok...got it done:D

POD is in the period between the Russian-Japanese War of 1905 and WW1.
Russia industrialises slightly more ITTL, and so is more able to defeat Germany once WW1 roles around.
At the peace treaty, they try to push for gaining constantinople, but the western allies say no.

when the Tsar dies in the 1930s, his son takes the throne.
presses Russias claim to Constantinople, and demands that the Turks hand it over to him. trusting the western allies to be a powerfull backing force, they say no.

Germany, Britian, Turkey, Yugoslavia, France, vs Russia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria

Second Crimean War ensures, blah, blah, blah,
Germany disovlves, as do Yugoslavia and Turkey to some extent.
Russia wins, Britian and France not as beaten but tire of a war that doesnt effect them directly.

the map after the war. am sorta tired right now, but will answer questions...later:eek:

EDIT: Yes, the tsarists may not reform the letters as the Soviets did, but i couldnt find a good curvy Cyric like font.

Contest_Map_01(PoDA1900)2.png

Highlander

Banned
Might as well post my map now, since everyone else has.

An alternate WWI, which ends up in a stalemate. A peace treaty is signed, however, it favors the Central Powers.

europe 6.PNG

The email was down at school, but whatever, the colors shouldn't be that bad, and if they really are, I'll make another- it does say that the last map you post in this thread is the official one.

westred2.png

I not sure whether I be able to post my map on Friday, therefore I submit it now.

WWI starts earlier, but drags on and exhaust both Central Powers and Allies. In post-war Europe several blocks are formed. Among them is Międzymorze and SDU. After that…

(SIK and SIL are commonly recognized abbreviations ITTL. SIK stands for Scandinavian-Intermarium Crown, equivalent of OTL euro. SIL is Scandinavian-Intermarium League, not entirely unlike OTL EU, large eastern-northern European block formed after merging Międzymorze and SDU. “k” of course stands for thousand, butterflies caused slightly different convention of writing large numbers on documents. 5 milions would be 5kk.)

Any questions?

Upload.PNG