MAP CONTEST: Details and rules.

The Map Contest will be held in a series of six stages.

There will be five qualifying stages and a sixth and final stage. Each of the first five stages will be set on a certain theme, we will reveal these themes when each challenges time comes; the sixth is yet to be chosen, and its theme may be more specific than those of the first five challenges.

In each of these five stages, the three judges will choose one winner who will then go on to progress to the sixth and final stage; the final stage then should see the five winners of the previous five stages competing against each other to find the grand winner of the Map Contest.

The rules are as follows:

1) You must register your entry in to the competition in this thread.

2) We are setting a minimum map size of 500x500 pixels, with no upper limit.

3) Each map you create must be completely new. No reuse of previous maps you have made, or anyone else has made is allowed. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be disqualified from the Map Contest completely.

4) The decision of the three-judge panel is final. In the event that one person wins multiple challenges or if there is a tie-break, Diamond as Chief Judge will cast the final decision and choose who progresses to the final stage.

Thande

Donor
Floid, you said not to post anything other than entries in the entry thread, so:

Do we get any specificity re whether this post-1900 map has to be of the world, or of just Europe or North America or wherever?

Diamond

Banned
Floid, you said not to post anything other than entries in the entry thread, so:

Do we get any specificity re whether this post-1900 map has to be of the world, or of just Europe or North America or wherever?
I don't know what Shadow Knight and Floid's opinions are, but I think any area could be done, whether just a continent, part of a continent, or the whole world.

I don't know what Shadow Knight and Floid's opinions are, but I think any area could be done, whether just a continent, part of a continent, or the whole world.

Quite so as long as it has a post 1900 flavor and abides by the rules it can be anything up to the map maker's desire.