MAP CONTEST: General Discussion.

Floid, you said not to post anything other than entries in the entry thread, so:

Do we get any specificity re whether this post-1900 map has to be of the world, or of just Europe or North America or wherever?

About the actual challange:

Can it be only a continent or does it have to be the world?
It doesn't have to be a world map, just a map with a post-1900 POD.

So for example, you can have a map of Africa, South America, Asia, whatever you want; it doesn't even have to be a continent, you can have a map of a country like the USA or even a city map of London or Tokyo.

Diamond

Banned
how large is 500x500 pixels?
You can specify the size in Paint by opening 'Image', then 'Attributes'. You can then set the size directly instead of having to guess how big by dragging the Paint box larger.

Note: 500x500 is the MINIMUM size. You can make it any size you want, as long as it meets the minimum. This is basically so we can see it; my eyes are not the best. :D

Last edited:
You can specify the size in Paint by opening 'Image', then 'Attributes'. You can then set the size directly instead of having to guess how big by dragging the Paint box larger.

Note: 500x500 is the MINIMUM size. You can make it any size you want, as long as it meets the minimum. This is basically so we can see it; my eyes are not the best. :D

and yet dont you work in at an optonitrits? oh the irony:rolleyes:

about the map challenge...

post 1900, nice. a good, vauge start. *starts plotting*

Nice map Thande, ingenious idea with the zoomed-in area, I wish I had thought of it...

I should have my entry done soon- though I'll probably send it to the school computers to see if the colors look too far off there, and fix accordingly.

Thande

Donor
It's a good map Thande, but you shouldn't have saved it as a .jpeg. Makes it too blurry.

Yeah, I think it's my choice of colours. The problem is that if you use a PNG or GIF, then you can't have a photo background because you don't have millions of colours.

I'll probably rework it and enter a cleaned up version as my actual entry.

Yeah, I think it's my choice of colours. The problem is that if you use a PNG or GIF, then you can't have a photo background because you don't have millions of colours.

I'll probably rework it and enter a cleaned up version as my actual entry.
Bzzt, wrong. You can have millions of colours with PNG. Didn't you know that there's two types of PNG, one with gif-style 256 colors and the other with 24bit (up to 48) color depth?

Thande

Donor
Hey Thande, what's up with Northern Ireland? Is it independent?
Yes. There is or was actually a Northern Ireland independence party in OTL. (Flag below). I could see it happening as an alternative solution if the Troubles got really bad.
gb-uim.gif

Yes. There is or was actually a Northern Ireland independence party in OTL. (Flag below). I could see it happening as an alternative solution if the Troubles got really bad.
gb-uim.gif

Ah yes, the Ulster Third Way folks. I've never seen that used on a map before though, good job!