Map Contest?

Since we have a Writers contest, shouldnt we have a Cartographers contest?

obvioulsy we wouldnt give as long as the Writers contest, perhaps...two weeks for each round.

I think rather then each do his own, a vauge sugestion of a map is given, and those who enter the contest must work to create thier interpreation, using whatever map they want.

The finished products are all uploaded at the end of the contest, and then a seperate thread to pass judgement is set up with a poll.

Anyone interested?

It sounds good if Diamond is the judge, but perhaps a panel of 3 judges?

perhaps the other two are chosen randomly from the 'pool' of contestants, who dont compete in that two week contest?

the way i see it, it would be easy to have a many of these contests one after the other.

perhaps make it a week rather then two weeks to complete the work?

Let's get Diamond sorted, first. I'll PM him, and then we'll have a vote on the other two judges. That okay, peeps?

perhaps the other two are chosen randomly from the 'pool' of contestants, who dont compete in that two week contest?

the way i see it, it would be easy to have a many of these contests one after the other.

perhaps make it a week rather then two weeks to complete the work?

You could make it contestants, but if you want I'll be a judge. I don't think I have much time to be making to many maps, but I could judge.

I'd start off with the first one being two weeks long and then progressively getting shorter.

For example:

Contest 1: Two weeks to get it done
Contest 2: Ten days to get it done
Contest 3: One week to get it done
Contest 4: Four days to get it done
Contest 5: One night to get it done
Contest 6: The winners of each previous contest go against each other (if a repeat winner then a wildcard position will be made open where Diamond as chief judge choses a wildcard from the best map [that wasn't chosen as winner] from the previous five contests). In this contest we get Ian himself to choose the challenge.

How's that?

You could make it contestants, but if you want I'll be a judge. I don't think I have much time to be making to many maps, but I could judge.

I'd start off with the first one being two weeks long and then progressively getting shorter.

For example:

Contest 1: Two weeks to get it done
Contest 2: Ten days to get it done
Contest 3: One week to get it done
Contest 4: Four days to get it done
Contest 5: One night to get it done
Contest 6: The winners of each previous contest go against each other (if a repeat winner then a wildcard position will be made open where Diamond as chief judge choses a wildcard from the best map [that wasn't chosen as winner] from the previous five contests). In this contest we get Ian himself to choose the challenge.

How's that?

ooh, i like that idea. puts the pressure on.

what should the grand prize be?

Two weeks sounds a bit long for just one map. Maybe have several maps: Europe, North America, etc.?