L’Empire Plantagenet

L’Empire Plantagenet

The birth that changed history

On 1332, Aldona of Lithuania dies after giving birth to a third daughter, she would die after giving birth to Kunigunde[1]
Prince Casimir, mourned for his own wife, Anna of Lithuania, he himself chose that Agrippina of Poland, his daughter would marry a Silesian Piast, Przemyslaw, a grandson of Elisabeth Richeza of Poland (due to Elisabeth Richeza’s arrangement with her partner Henry of Lipa)[1], the future duke of Jawor and Glogow and Kunigunde would marry Wladyslaw of Opole, while for Elisabeth of Poland, she would marry Boguslaw, the Duke of Pomerania-Stolp it was decreed that if he does not have a legal son, it would be the children of Kunigunde of Poland that will succeed the throne, the ties of Jawor, Swidnica and Opole would cause these duchies to stay out of Bohemia’s orbit and stay loyal to their mother Poland.

On 1333, he knew that his former betrothed, Judith of Bohemia would marry John of Valois, so he sent messengers to Queen Isabella of England, in order to arrange a possible marriage between him and an English Princess, the English Princesses that was available was Eleanor of England and Joanna of England, he chose Eleanor because she is more or less 15 years of age and the marriage can be consummated easily , and for him it would create an alliance between Poland and England.

On 1334, the Princess finally arrived in Poland with her retinue and they were married on the Wawel Cathedral, Eleanor of England made steps to erase the legacy of Anna of Lithuania, and she did succeed since Anna of Lithuania did not have any son.

The two were crowned, the King and Queen of Poland on the death of Wladyslaw the Elbowhigh on 1335.

The marriage did actually succeed since the two did have a son immediately after the wedding named Wladyslaw on 1336, this would strengthen the relationship of Poland and England, the birth of a son was followed by two sons and daughters namely, Stephen(1338), George(1341), Catherine(1343) and Richeza(1345).

1.They have three daughters, Elisabeth, born 1326, Agrippina, born 1328 and Kunigunde born 1332.
2. Agnes of Bohemia does not experience her miscarriage and falling from a horse and carries a child in 1325 to term.

Edward the Black Prince, King of Naples
In order to reconcile his bloodline with the descendants of his older brother, King Robert arranged the marriage of Joanna with her six-year-old kinsman Andrew, the younger son of Robert's nephew Charles I of Hungary. Through his father he had a claim to Naples, which could be argued to be superior to that of Robert and consequently also to that of Joanna. The marriage contract between Joanna and Andrew was signed on 8 November 1332, and they were formally married at Santa Chiara Basilica on 26 September 1333, despite being both underage (Joanna was around five-years-old and Andrew six). In the ceremony, Andrew was created Duke of Calabria and began to live in Naples.

When King Robert of Naples died on 20 January 1343, in his last will and testament, he formally bequeathed his kingdom to Joanna, and made no mention of Andrew, even as a consort, and tried to exclude him from rule. In the event of Joanna's death without children, the crown would fall to her younger sister Maria and not to him.

Poorly prepared for her role, Joanna was placed (following her grandfather's will, who wanted to end the Papal influence over Naples) under regency council led by her stepgrandmother, the queen dowager Sancha of Majorca; the Vice-Chancellor Philippe de Cabassoles, Bishop of Cavaillon; Fillipo di Sanginetto, Great Seneschal of Provence; and Admiral Giffredo di Marzano.Faced with the ineffectiveness of the Council, the Pope, in his capacity as overlord, decided to impose his direct rule by sending a Legate, Cardinal Aimery de Châtelus.

On 1344, Andrew died and Joanna has no children and she talked to her friend, Wladyslaw of Poland[1], Wladyslaw introduced Joanna to Edward the Black Prince who was a few years her junior, the two came to like each other very much and want to be and the two are married on 1350, the bride was 22 and the groom was 20, Edward III told his son that his marriage to the Duchess of Provence and Queen of Naples, is very strategic.

1.Wladyslaw of Poland is a nephew of Elisabeth of Poland, Queen of Hungary and son of Casimir III to Eleanor of Poland who is the aunt of Edward the Black Prince.

Abdication of England
On 1351, Joanna of Naples gives birth to a son named Napoleon, because she thinks that is the best name for a future great monarch, the Black Prince abdicates his claims to England in order to regain France for his lineage but at what cost, in the same time, Joanna of Naples purchases the Dauphinate of Viennois and for that reason, John II, the usurper had Margaret, the heiress to Flanders and Burgundy married to the crown prince of the Valois, Charles who was earlier married to Philip of Rouvres, next year, Edward the Black Prince was given the Duchy of Aquitaine in order for him to have support against the Valois.

In Poland, English troops were sent to Silesia against the Bohemians, the Plague would kill Charles, the son of John I of Bohemia, this meant constant war of Poland against Bohemia, but Poland would gain the support of the rest of the Silesian Duchies due to the fear of the three great Silesian duchies, this is the start of the fall of the house of the Luxembourg which will lead to their extinction later on, the Silesian Duchies one by one fell back to Poland except for Breslau which is directly controlled by the Bohemians.

There is a discussion for the marriage of Wladyslaw to a daughter of Algirdas named Maria which was accepted by King Casimir III the Great and Eleanor of England, in order to restart the Polish-Lithuanian alliance which ended in the death of Aldona of Lithuania, this will further tangle the English to ally with the Lithuanians against Bohemia and the Teutonic Knights, after that it would be France that would be the Target, weakening Bohemia would help the English in the long Run.

Short History of the Plantagenet Empire AD 2000
The Plantagenets are a dynasty that originated from Anjou and and became the Kings of England, gained the Half of France and lost most of it and were able to Gain France with Provence and Dauphine with an initial personal union with Naples and France which was broken after the death of Edward I of France and Naples, the countries that the Plantagenets ruled were England France, Naples, Aragon and Hungary and they changed the course of history.

Les Plantagenets sont une dynastie qui proviennent de l'Anjou et et est devenu les rois d'Angleterre , a gagné la moitié de la France et a perdu plus de lui et étaient en mesure de gagner la France avec la Provence et le Dauphiné avec une union personnelle initiale avec Naples et la France qui a été rompu après la mort d'Edouard I de la France et de Naples , les pays qui les Plantagenets régnèrent étaient l'Angleterre , la France, Naples, Aragon et la Hongrie et ils ont changé le cours de l'histoire.

this might be short but I will continue this if i gain more good replies..

Last edited:
Les Plantagenets sont une dynastie qui proviennent de l'Anjou et et est devenu les rois d'Angleterre , a gagné la moitié de la France et a perdu plus de lui et étaient en mesure de gagner la France avec la Provence et le Dauphiné avec une union personnelle initiale avec Naples et la France qui a été rompu après la mort d'Edouard I de la France et de Naples , les pays qui les Plantagenets régnèrent étaient l'Angleterre , la France, Naples, Aragon et la Hongrie et ils ont changé le cours de l'histoire.
Just be careful about the French. Choose singular or plural for your verbs.

L’Empire Plantagenet
La dynastie Plantagenet est une lignée de rois d'Angleterre provenant d'Anjou, qui a gagnée la moitié de la France avant de la perdre au profit des rois de France. Elle a aussi régné en union personnelle avec Naples et la France, union qui a été rompue après la mort d'Edouard I.
Les pays sur qui les Plantagenets régnèrent furent l'Angleterre, la France, Naples, l'Aragon et la Hongrie. Ils ont changé le cours de l'histoire.

this might be short but I will continue this if i gain more good replies..

Not sure that's exactly what you want but now my eyes maybe could stop crying tears of blood :D

Abdication of England
On 1351, Joanna of Naples gives birth to a son named Napoleon, because she thinks that is the best name for a future great monarch, the Black Prince abdicates his claims to England in order to regain France for his lineage but at what cost, in the same time, Joanna of Naples purchases the Dauphinate of Viennois and for that reason, John II, the usurper had Margaret, the heiress to Flanders and Burgundy married to the crown prince of the Valois, Charles who was earlier married to Philip of Rouvres, next year, Edward the Black Prince was given the Duchy of Aquitaine in order for him to have support against the English.

I'm really confused. Are you suggesting that the Black Prince - who is first in line to the English throne, and has been on campaign with his father in France in order to win the French throne which would then become his by right as heir to his father - renounces his claim to the English throne in order to somehow become King of France, even though his only claim to France comes from his father? And that he then takes to the field of battle against his own father at the head of a Aquitanian army - the coastal Gascons being notorious English sympathisers - in order to deny his father the victory that would have handed The Black Prince both France AND England on a plate?

Not sure that's exactly what you want but now my eyes maybe could stop crying tears of blood :D

I'm really confused. Are you suggesting that the Black Prince - who is first in line to the English throne, and has been on campaign with his father in France in order to win the French throne which would then become his by right as heir to his father - renounces his claim to the English throne in order to somehow become King of France, even though his only claim to France comes from his father? And that he then takes to the field of battle against his own father at the head of a Aquitanian army - the coastal Gascons being notorious English sympathisers - in order to deny his father the victory that would have handed The Black Prince both France AND England on a plate?

He will not fight his father, I made a typo, it is supposed to be the Valois, he can't inherit England because he is the Dauphin of Viennois, Count of Provence, King of France and King of Naples

Fun TL to read, but i have some questions:

Abdication of England
On 1351, Joanna of Naples gives birth to a son named Napoleon, because she thinks that is the best name for a future great monarch, the Black Prince abdicates his claims to England in order to regain France for his lineage but at what cost, in the same time, Joanna of Naples purchases the Dauphinate of Viennois and for that reason, John II, the usurper had Margaret, the heiress to Flanders and Burgundy married to the crown prince of the Valois, Charles who was earlier married to Philip of Rouvres, next year, Edward the Black Prince was given the Duchy of Aquitaine in order for him to have support against the Valois.

Why would Joanna of Naples named her son with an Italian name? I get it that she is from Naples but naming the son Napoleone? Plus there had never been a king Napoleon, nor a Saint Napoleon nor anything. I think that the chances that she would give her son the name Napoleon can be considered zero.

Why would he abdicate? His claim comes from the fact that he is the Heir to the Kingdom of England, whose king can claim the throne thanks to is mother being the She-wolf of France, Isabella daughter of Philip IV. If he abdicates to the throne of England to claim the throne of France, then his father is no longer a friend but a enemy that is biding for the same throne.

In Poland, English troops were sent to Silesia against the Bohemians, the Plague would kill Charles, the son of John I of Bohemia, this meant constant war of Poland against Bohemia, but Poland would gain the support of the rest of the Silesian Duchies due to the fear of the three great Silesian duchies, this is the start of the fall of the house of the Luxembourg which will lead to their extinction later on, the Silesian Duchies one by one fell back to Poland except for Breslau which is directly controlled by the Bohemians.

Why did English troops went to Silesia to help Poland defeat Bohemia? Bohemia never took an active part on the war, and only joined because John of Bohemia. Plus if they help Bohemia so actively as they helped Portugal, then i hope that one hundred english longbowmen, that spent more time drinking and stealing from the peasants, are very efective in Bohemia.

Fun TL to read, but i have some questions:

Why would Joanna of Naples named her son with an Italian name? I get it that she is from Naples but naming the son Napoleone? Plus there had never been a king Napoleon, nor a Saint Napoleon nor anything. I think that the chances that she would give her son the name Napoleon can be considered zero.

Why would he abdicate? His claim comes from the fact that he is the Heir to the Kingdom of England, whose king can claim the throne thanks to is mother being the She-wolf of France, Isabella daughter of Philip IV. If he abdicates to the throne of England to claim the throne of France, then his father is no longer a friend but a enemy that is biding for the same throne.

Why did English troops went to Silesia to help Poland defeat Bohemia? Bohemia never took an active part on the war, and only joined because John of Bohemia. Plus if they help Bohemia so actively as they helped Portugal, then i hope that one hundred english longbowmen, that spent more time drinking and stealing from the peasants, are very efective in Bohemia.

I will explain and correct some in the continuation if I do, yeah, the child of Joan and Edward needs to be named differently, Edward III gives his claim to France and Aquitaine to his son Edward the Black Prince, I will put that in the corrected chapters and the chapter where he takes the crown, If/once I continue this - I am planning actually to have Edward the Black Prince take a name change once he takes the throne.

Last edited:
Revised the First Chapters

L’Empire Plantagenet

The birth that changed history

On 1332, Aldona of Lithuania dies after giving birth to a third daughter, she would die after giving birth to Kunigunde[1]
Prince Casimir, mourned for his own wife, Anna of Lithuania, he himself chose that Agrippina of Poland, his daughter would marry a Silesian Piast, Przemyslaw, a grandson of Elisabeth Richeza of Poland (due to Elisabeth Richeza’s arrangement with her partner Henry of Lipa)[1], the future duke of Jawor and Glogow and Kunigunde would marry Wladyslaw of Opole, while for Elisabeth of Poland, she would marry Boguslaw, the Duke of Pomerania-Stolp it was decreed that if he does not have a legal son, it would be the children of Kunigunde of Poland that will succeed the throne, the ties of Jawor, Swidnica and Opole would cause these duchies to stay out of Bohemia’s orbit and stay loyal to their mother Poland.

On 1333, he knew that his former betrothed, Judith of Bohemia would marry John of Valois, so he sent messengers to Queen Isabella of England, in order to arrange a possible marriage between him and an English Princess, the English Princesses that was available was Eleanor of England and Joanna of England, he chose Eleanor because she is more or less 15 years of age and the marriage can be consummated easily , and for him it would create an alliance between Poland and England.

On 1334, the Princess finally arrived in Poland with her retinue and they were married on the Wawel Cathedral, Eleanor of England made steps to erase the legacy of Anna of Lithuania, and she did succeed since Anna of Lithuania did not have any son.

The two were crowned, the King and Queen of Poland on the death of Wladyslaw the Elbowhigh on 1335.

The marriage did actually succeed since the two did have a son immediately after the wedding named Wladyslaw on 1336, this would strengthen the relationship of Poland and England, the birth of a son was followed by two sons and daughters namely, Stephen(1338), George(1341), Catherine(1343) and Richeza(1345).

1.They have three daughters, Elisabeth, born 1326, Agrippina, born 1328 and Kunigunde born 1332.
2. Agnes of Bohemia does not experience her miscarriage and falling from a horse and carries a child in 1325 to term.

Edward the Black Prince, King of Naples
In order to reconcile his bloodline with the descendants of his older brother, King Robert arranged the marriage of Joanna with her six-year-old kinsman Andrew, the younger son of Robert's nephew Charles I of Hungary. Through his father he had a claim to Naples, which could be argued to be superior to that of Robert and consequently also to that of Joanna. The marriage contract between Joanna and Andrew was signed on 8 November 1332, and they were formally married at Santa Chiara Basilica on 26 September 1333, despite being both underage (Joanna was around five-years-old and Andrew six). In the ceremony, Andrew was created Duke of Calabria and began to live in Naples.

When King Robert of Naples died on 20 January 1343, in his last will and testament, he formally bequeathed his kingdom to Joanna, and made no mention of Andrew, even as a consort, and tried to exclude him from rule. In the event of Joanna's death without children, the crown would fall to her younger sister Maria and not to him.

Poorly prepared for her role, Joanna was placed (following her grandfather's will, who wanted to end the Papal influence over Naples) under regency council led by her stepgrandmother, the queen dowager Sancha of Majorca; the Vice-Chancellor Philippe de Cabassoles, Bishop of Cavaillon; Fillipo di Sanginetto, Great Seneschal of Provence; and Admiral Giffredo di Marzano.Faced with the ineffectiveness of the Council, the Pope, in his capacity as overlord, decided to impose his direct rule by sending a Legate, Cardinal Aimery de Châtelus.

On 1344, Andrew died and Joanna has no children and she talked to her friend, Wladyslaw of Poland[1], Wladyslaw introduced Joanna to Edward the Black Prince who was a few years her junior, the two came to like each other very much and want to be and the two are married on 1350, the bride was 22 and the groom was 20, Edward III told his son that his marriage to the Duchess of Provence and Queen of Naples, is very strategic.

1.Wladyslaw of Poland is a nephew of Elisabeth of Poland, Queen of Hungary and son of Casimir III to Eleanor of Poland who is the aunt of Edward the Black Prince.

Abdication of England
On 1351, Joanna of Naples gives birth to a son named Francis, because she thinks that is the best name for a future great monarch, Edward III gives his son his claim to France and the Black Prince abdicates his claims to England in order to regain France for his lineage but at what cost, in the same time, Joanna of Naples purchases the Dauphinate of Viennois and for that reason, John II of Valois, the usurper had Margaret, the heiress to Flanders and Burgundy married to the crown prince of the Valois[1], Charles who was earlier married to Philip of Rouvres, next year, Edward the Black Prince was given the Duchy of Aquitaine in order for him to have support against the Valois.

In Poland, English troops were sent to Silesia against the Bohemians, the Plague would kill Charles[2], the son of John I of Bohemia, this meant constant war of Poland against Bohemia, but Poland would gain the support of the rest of the Silesian Duchies due to the fear of the three great Silesian duchies, this is the start of the fall of the house of the Luxembourg which will lead to their extinction later on, the Silesian Duchies one by one fell back to Poland in the same decade except for Breslau which is directly controlled by the Bohemians.

There is a discussion for the marriage of Wladyslaw to a daughter of Algirdas named Maria which was accepted by King Casimir III the Great and Eleanor of England, in order to restart the Polish-Lithuanian alliance which ended in the death of Aldona of Lithuania, this will further tangle the English to ally with the Lithuanians against Bohemia and the Teutonic Knights[3].

1. The Valois remain in Burgundy, that is a spoiler for you and the Montforts have won in Brittany with English support like in OTL.

2. He is OTL Charles IV of the Holy Roman Empire, he dies even before he becomes the King of Bohemia and dies without a male heir, he leaves behind a daughter named Margaret who marries to Louis of Hungary.

3. The Battle of Grunwald equivalent in this TL has English support.

The next chapter will deal with a surviving Yuan Dynasty.

The Yuan Dynasty
On 1349, Gi Seung Nyang, the wife of Emperor Huizhong recommended that he should change his own policies and in that reason the support to the red turban revolt weakened.

In the same time, Debuca, the Countess of Kaboloan(Pangasinan) was kidnapped by the Lakan and was made the favorite wife of the Lakan[1] and bore many children, this was made in order to integrate Caboloan to Saludang completely.

A Princess of Saludang gets married to the son of Huizhong and Seung Yang named Ayushiridara a few decades after the victory of Huizhong against the Red Turbans, she told her husband, that her country should be called as the River Nation[2], she became known as Empress Ai.

Jiangguo/Saludang and Zhongguo had cultural exchanges and the country of Jiangguo adopted Hanzi from Zhongguo because of influence, the Yuan and Jiangguo fought a war against Majapahit.

Empress Ai improved the relations between Saludang and the Yuan Dynasty and improved its administration.

The son of Debuca, the sister of Empress Ai divided the Island to his sons as governors, the areas assigned to the sons became the domains for clans that those sons had founded and they would recognize the primacy of the eldest son and the clan that received Tondo.[3]

1.In OTL, Pangasinan was kept independent on paper but defacto it is a component of the Tondo/Tagalog kingdom after it united Lowland Luzon, it was the rival of Tondo as the Polity that will unite Luzon, it was weak because most of the trade came to Manila.

2. Jiangguo, which means River Nation or Taga-Ilog

3. A Many States/Fragmentation era will begin.

He will not fight his father, I made a typo, it is supposed to be the Valois, he can't inherit England because he is the Dauphin of Viennois, Count of Provence, King of France and King of Naples

Fair enough, but there's nothing in either English law or precedent to stop Edward from taking the English throne just because he was already King of France and some other places. In fact, if English history can teach you anything, it's that Kings of foreign countries love to be crowned King of England.

Fair enough, but there's nothing in either English law or precedent to stop Edward from taking the English throne just because he was already King of France and some other places. In fact, if English history can teach you anything, it's that Kings of foreign countries love to be crowned King of England.

The people of France don't want any Personal Union, so Edward the black prince abandoning england makes sense.

I am taking my Rightful Crown

I am Edward, By the Grace of God, King of France, King of Naples, Duke of Provence, Duke of Aquitaine and Dauphin of Viennois.

When Edward III gave his claim to France, he also gave the continental territories of the Plantagenets to Edward the Black Prince.

On 1352, Edward, the Black Prince, Promised the lords of France that he will make a better future for France, he is more of a French man and proved to be a good administrator in Provence and in Aquitaine.

Joanna of Naples, gave birth to another son named Robert on 1353, which made Edward the Black Prince more eager to fight against the Valois camp.

On 1355, the English troops led by Edward III laid siege in Normandy and the parts of Aquitaine that he lost earlier, the King of France, John II thought that Edward III had given up his claim to France but he is mistaken and Louis IV, the Holy Roman Emperor also helped him.

A woman with prophetic and saintly visions named Jeanne helped raise army for Edward as it is his rightful claim to be the King of France, as Edward the Black Prince is the successor to the Merovingians, his father had a lot of victories in Normandy and Aquitaine as well as Anjou which lead to the weakening of the Valois camp and a famine followed[1].

On 1358, Edward, the Black Prince is crowned King of France on Reims as Edward I, that is the beginning of the end for the Valois, due to his track record, he became the favored candidate to be the King of France but for him it is only the beginning of his glorious reign.

1. The Alternate Joan of Arc.

This is considered as Finished or on Hiatus for now

Last edited: