The Bourbon Rose: A Bourbon England timeline

It has been more than 400 years since the Bourbons started to rule the British Isles and pulled it to greatness..

Mary Tudor's tomb's epitaph included the lines
"Great by birth, greater by marriage, greatest in her offspring: here lies Mary, the daughter of Henry[1], wife, and mother of Charles[2]!"

[1] Her father is Henry VIII.
[2] She married Charles V as a second wife and became the mother of Charles I of England from her second husband.

Isn't te something similar written on Empress Matilda's tomb? And which Bourbon is she marrying as husband number 2? Cause the Constable's dead, Antoine is already married, and Conde would be a touch too young by the time of Charles V's death.

Isn't te something similar written on Empress Matilda's tomb? And which Bourbon is she marrying as husband number 2? Cause the Constable's dead, Antoine is already married, and Conde would be a touch too young by the time of Charles V's death.

She marries Charles V who dies earlier and remarries to Antoine ala Empress Matilda, I am planning for the Bourbons to be like the Plantagenets and the Valois survive because Katherine Tudor, the second daughter who survives instead of Catherine of Aragon pumped healthy heirs in the Valois bloodline, Kate Tudor takes the place of Catherine de Medici.

I'll give this timeline two days at most before Kasumigenx abandons it:D.Please prove me wrong Kasumigenx,I'll be happy if you do.

katherine%20of%20Aragon%20as%20Madonna%20with%20the%20baby%20Jesus_zpsfnj5f3cp.jpg

painting of Catherine of Aragon holding a baby

Early life of Mary of England
Mary was born on 18 February 1516 at the Palace of Placentia in Greenwich, London.

before Mary's birth, four previous pregnancies had resulted in a stillborn daughter and three short-lived or stillborn sons, including Henry, Duke of Cornwall. She was baptised into the Catholic faith at the Church of the Observant Friars in Greenwich three days after her birth. Her godparents included her great-aunt the Countess of Devon, Lord Chancellor Thomas Wolsey, and the Duchess of Norfolk. Henry VIII's cousin once removed, Margaret Pole, Countess of Salisbury, stood sponsor for Mary's confirmation, which was held immediately after the baptism.

In February 1518, Catherine announced her sixth pregnancy. In March, she visited Merton College, Oxford and also made a pilgrimage to the shrine of St Frideswide, asking for a healthy son. On 10 November, she gave birth to a daughter, named Catherine, named after St Catherine, a few months after, Catherine of Aragon would die due to a certain illness, on Catherine’s deathbead Henry told Catherine of Aragon that she is still beautiful and he would love her until the end but he was not sincere at what he said and she told him to marry another woman as this is what she wants for him.

On the meeting of the field of Cloth on 1520 it was arranged that Henry VIII would a princess of Navarre, the heiress presumptive of Henry II of Navarre and Mary would marry the heir to France, earlier Francis had arranged the betrothal of his daughter Charlotte of France to the future King of Scotland, the nephew of Henry VIII.

Unfortunately for Anna of Navarre she wanted to be the queen of England that would fulfill the treaty, her brother died just after the meeting making her the Queen of Navarre and she was kidnapped and Catherine of Navarre, who was before a nun in training who planned to marry a cousin of Anne Boleyn was forced to come to Henry VIII, apparently Catherine of Navarre and Anne Boleyn became friends at the French court before she would depart to England due to Catherine of Navarre being cousins with Claude of France and Anne Boleyn would be an influence for Catherine as she is very liberal and very protestant in her outlook and an admirer of Luther and later a sympathizer of Calvin which would plunge England to a protestant future.

For Anna of Navarre she is kidnapped and brought forward to Charles I of Spain, the abduction was sanctioned by the King of Castile - he is just 20 years old and she is 28, they were married, the marriage would cause a war between France and Spain, it is said that she is a rose without a thorn.

After the marriage, Charles I said, the main reason why she is abducted and married to him is that her brother is dead and that she is the Queen of Navarre.

People often wondered what would happen if the intended marriage between Anna and Henry VIII did happen.

Mary_Tudor_by_Horenbout_zpsi2yxykk1.jpg

Empress Mary

Tribulations of Charles V
Charles I heard about the failure of expedition to the Mexica which led to the deaths of Cortes and the annihilation of the Spanish army there which means the Spanish would be stuck in the Caribbean.

Anna of Navarre is kidnapped and brought forward to Charles I of Spain, the abduction was sanctioned by the King of Castile - he is just 20 years old and she is 28, they were married, the marriage would cause a war between France and Spain, it is said that she is a rose without a thorn, the fiefs of Anna of Navarre in France were confiscated but all of Navarre fell into the rule of Spain.

The marriage caused a war between France and Spain which caused a lot of strife between the two countries, Anna of Navarre was able to gave birth to two children, Philip of Spain(1522) and Maria of Spain(1524) before dying in 1525, he was elected the Holy Roman Emperor as Charles V on 1526 after his grandfather died.

Charles V would marry Mary of England on 1530, which produced a single daughter, Isabella Clara Eugenia(1532) before Charles V died on 1533, the death was a relief for Mary of England, the marriage between Charles V and Mary of England happened because Henry VIII don’t want the French to gain a claim to the English throne.

Last edited:
Natalie_Dormer_as_Anne_Boleyn_in_The_Tudors.-0_zpsb3iuzhtm.jpg

Catherine of Navarre as portrayed by Natalie Dormer in the Bourbons

Catherine of Navarre and the French marriage
On 1522, Catherine of Navarre gave birth to a son, the son was baptized as Edward not like his previous sons by Catherine of Aragon who did die after being born, Catherine of Navarre would have immense influence over his upbringing, Henry VIII was very happy of what happened.

They would have three children
-Edward, Prince of Wales b.1522
-Elisabeth b. 1525
-Margaret b. 1530.

On 1530, it was stipulated that Francis, duke of Brittany would marry Mary, but instead, Mary was married to Charles V, on the latter part of that year a bride came to the French court and she revealed herself as Katherine Tudor, the youngest daughter of Henry VIII and Katherine of Aragon, she would be known in history as Catherine d’Angleterrre or Catherine Tudor, she married Francis, Duke of Brittany on 1532.

As for Catherine of Navarre, she would have a solo control over King Henry VIII and his policy after the marriage of the two daughters, in the same time since Claude of France have died in 1525 years after the birth of Madeleine of France, Francis I of France would marry Mary of Austria on 1526.

Landkarte_von_Schlesien_zpsfakqmo82.jpg

Bohemia and Hungary
On 1515 Louis II was married to Mary of Austria, granddaughter of Emperor Maximilian I, as stipulated by the First Congress of Vienna in 1515. His sister Anne was married to Archduke Ferdinand of Austria, then a governor on behalf of his brother Charles V, and later Emperor Ferdinand I, On 1520, Louis II is poisoned by rebels in Hungary pretending as servants causing Hungary to fall under Habsburg rule under Ferdinand of Austria, the husband of his sister.

The Poles in Silesia and the Transylvanian Romanians would come to support the Habsburgs against the Hussites and the anti-Habsburgs and who wanted the Habsburgs out of Bohemia and Hungary and these areas proved to be loyal due to them joining the troops of Hungary and Bohemia against the rebels and because of that both the Polish and Romanians in the Habsburg lands would aid the Habsburgs and they would be guaranteed equal rights in the Habsburg realms and the Polish language would be official in Silesia and the Romanian language would be official in Transylvania - that would be sweet for them and would cause them to be more loyal to the Habsburgs, The Habsburgs invited more Poles to settle in Silesia in order to make the province a bastion of loyalty to the Habsburgs, both Transylvania and Silesia become bastions of loyalty for the Habsburgs.

Last edited:
You do realise at this point that Silesia is considered more Bohemian than Polish?
There's no real reason to promote Silesia on par with Bohemia as it is already part of the Bohemian Crown, likewise Transylvania comes under Hungary.

You do realise at this point that Silesia is considered more Bohemian than Polish?
There's no real reason to promote Silesia on par with Bohemia as it is already part of the Bohemian Crown, likewise Transylvania comes under Hungary.

Thanks for reminding me, I am planning a better Austria-Hungary.

tumblr_mki921nzBq1qg2hjto1_500_zpsbtnzakkl.jpg

Empress Mary and Catherine, Dauphine of France as depicted in the Bourbons.

Mary-Philip-of-Bavaria-moments-tudor-history-33042261-852-480_zpskdf1bgb6.jpg

Empress Mary and her 2nd husband Anthony of Bourbon-La Marche as depicted in the Bourbons.

Empress Mary and Anthony Bourbon
In the court of Love
On 1534, Mary Tudor decided to go to the French court where her sister Katherine, Duchess of Brittany and Dauphine of Viennois lives, there he meets the young Anthony of Bourbon, she fell in love in first sight at him and did not want to let him go.

The two sisters were arguing about trivial things like the men they like and the spouses they married, Mary Tudor felt that she deserved better and she envied her sister Katherine for marrying the Dauphin instead of her, she told that her sister in law Madeleine is betrothed to the King of Spain.

Mary Tudor was present in the birth of the first son of the Dauphin and her sister on 1535, who was named Louis, she is very pleased by the birth of Louis.

On 1536, the twenty year old Mary Tudor would marry Anthony of Bourbon-La Marche but their first surviving son was born in 1541, named Charles and he was nicknamed Charles FitzEmpress and a daughter named Catherine on 1543 and a son named William on 1550, before the birth of Charles, Mary Tudor had couple of miscarriages and surviving children just like her own mother.

Children of Henry VIII

by Katherine of Aragon
Mary Tudor
m. Charles V
-Isabella Clara Eugenia
m. Antoine de Bourbon La Marche
-Charles FitzEmpress
-Catherine
-William

Katherine Tudor
m. Francis, Dauphin of France
-Louis, Duke of Brittany
-Catherine of France

by Catherine of Navarre
-Edward, Prince of Wales
-Elisabeth
-Margaret

Last edited:
Note:
There will be two things different
-Iberia will be united.
-Silesia and Carpathian Ruthenia will act like Galicia-Lodomeria, the Habsburg "mistake" on its treatment of Silesia does not happen.

Last edited:
Children of Henry VIII

by Katherine of Aragon
Mary Tudor
m. Charles V
-Isabella Clara Eugenia
m. Antoine de Bourbon La Marche
-Charles FitzEmpress
-Catherine
-William

Katherine Tudor
m. Francis, Dauphin of France
-Louis, Duke of Brittany
-Catherine of France
-Gaston, Duke of Alençon
-Francis, Duke of Berry

by Catherine of Navarre
-Edward, Prince of Wales
-Elisabeth m. Henry Grey
-Margaret . Charles, Bourbon La Marche

Children of Francis I
by Claude of France
Charlotte of France m. James of Scotland
-Mary, Princess of Scotland

Francis, Dauphin of Viennois m. Katherine Tudor
-Louis, Duke of Brittany
-Catherine of France
-Gaston, Duke of Alençon
-Francis, Duke of Berry

m. Maria, Duchess of Viseu

Henry, Duke of Auvergne m. Catherine, duchess of Auvergne

Madeleine of France m. Archduke Maximilian

by Mary of Austria
-Louis, Duke of Orleans
-Francis, Duke of Chartres

Children of Philip I of Castile
by Joanna the Mad

Eleanor of Austria m. Manuel of Portugal
-Maria, Duchess of Viseu, King of France

Charles V - Holy Roman Emperor, King of Aragon, Castile and Navarre m. Anne of Navarre
-Philip, King of Spain m. Maria of Portugal
-Maria of Spain m. John Manuel
-Sebastian of Portugal

m. Mary Tudor
-Isabella Clara Eugenia, Duchess of Prussia

Isabella, Queen of Denmark m. Christian II of Denmark
-Dorothea of Palatinate
-Christina of Milan
-John I of Denmark

Mary, Queen of Hungary and France m. Louis II of Hungary

m. Francis I of France
-Louis, Duke of Orleans
-Francis, Duke of Chartres

Catherine, Queen of Portugal m. John III of Portugal
-Maria of Portugal, Queen of Spain
-Prince John Manuel

Last edited:
800px-King_Charles_II_by_John_Michael_Wright_or_studio_zpsfwzirrvb.jpg

Charles I of England and Scotland
Charles, by the Grace of God, King of England, Scotland, France and Ireland, Defender of the Faith etc.

The Death of Henry VIII and Bloody Edward
On 1545, Henry VIII died, and replaced by Edward VI who is an ardent protestant, who forced the child Mary, Queen of Scots(b. 1536) to marry him, the reign would not last for a long time due to him dying due to a consumption in illness on 1552, it was stipulated on the contract that Mary Queen of Scots would marry his successor, her father died in a civil war in Scotland due to the Lollards/Protestants becoming a large minority in Scotland.

On 1550, Anthony of Bourbon dies, Empress Mary goes to England to visit Bloody Edward which led her to be imprisoned.

The reign of was Edward VI or Bloody Edward was known for being a tyranny and it was compared to the reign of Richard the III, he consummated his marriage with Mary, Queen of Scots but it turned out that he is sterile but he ordered that the monasteries in England to be dissolved.

For Catherine de Tudor, she would be queen alongside with her husband Francis II as Queen Catherine of France, Francis II, she would die in labor in 1553 giving birth to Francis, Duke of Berry, she is remembered for reviving the Valois, her husband would remarry to Mary, Duchess of Viseu a year later.

On 1552, Mary Queen of Scots would marry her cousin, Charles I of England and was crowned beside him as King and Queen of the British Isles, that is the start of the Bourbons in the throne of Britain, Empress Mary was released and treated as a Queen Mother.

Mary Queen of Scots would give birth to a son named Arthur on 1554.

Last edited:
Maria_Tudor1_zpspvult3s9.jpg

Empress Mary, shortly before her death.

Death of Empress Mary
On 1560, the whole country mourned on the death of Empress Mary, for her son was known for being a good monarch, Mary before her death insisted to her son that he would restore catholicism on the country and make it pure but rather, Charles I chose another path, he would make the Edict of Westminister which means tolerance to the Protestants.

Empress Mary was buried with her husband, Anthony of Bourbon on Saint Dennis where her husband rested in his death, Empress Mary is remembered as the Husband and Mother Charles and Daughter of Henry, Great by name and a defender of faith.

Note
So this finishes the first part/arc, if I get more responses and views I will have more motivation to go on, if I don’t continue, this might as well be considered as done or finished.