AHC: Qadaffi gets his Chad

For some reason, I just want to see it happen.
With a POD at whenever deemed adequate, make an ATL scenario where Libya wins the Chad-Libya war(conditions of victory may be defined by the writer, but presumably territorial changes in favour of Libya).

For some reason, I just want to see it happen.
With a POD at whenever deemed adequate, make an ATL scenario where Libya wins the Chad-Libya war(conditions of victory may be defined by the writer, but presumably territorial changes in favour of Libya).

What part exactly? Is he settling for the arid north or is he pushing for the whole country? If the former it isn't, nor was it worth it. An ongoing guerilla war is likely and this is unlikely to help him in his later efforts to ingratiate himself with the African community. If he manages to conquer it all, he is setting himself for a likely worse Arab Spring down the road. Chad is incredibly poor, corrupt, and at least 30% Christian. Oil wasn't discovered until 2003, so Chad is going to be a money pit as well as an ongoing sore for Libya due to ethnic and religious issues. If he attempts to hold on to his "prize" I see an earlier civil war as the result, likely supported with foreign cash.