Alternate History: Football (Soccer) Shirts/Kits

I am an avid football fan IRL, and it's pretty cool to combine that with something else I like,Alternate history. A while back I made a map for MOTF showing the New England Premiership. You can find it here if you are interested. So without further redo here are the shirts and some info on the clubs in question.

121crxu.jpg

1. Boston Football Club
Nickname(s): The Celts
Team Colors: Green/White
Founded: 1902
Ground: Gilette Stadium
Foxborough, Massachusetts
Capacity: 68,756
2013-14: First

i5zp53.jpg

2. Boston City Football Club
Nickname(s): City, The Natives
Team Colors: Red/White/Blue
Founded: 1910
Ground: City of Boston Stadium
Dorchester, Massachusetts
Capacity: 40,000
2013-14: Third

30vevjq.jpg

3. Providence Football Club
Nickname(s): PFC
Team Colors: Red/Black
Founded: 1907
Ground: Pepsi Arena
Elhurmst, Rode Island
Capacity: 35,500
2013-14: Second

1zy7kfl.jpg

White Star New Hampshire
Nickname(s): White Star, Oranje
Team Colors: Orange/White
Founded: 2007
Ground: The Stove
Manchester, New Hampshire
Capacity: 15,000
2013-14: Seventh

25rjw5z.jpg

Heracles Hartford Football Club
Nickname(s): Heracles
Team Colors: Yellow/Sky Blue
Founded: 1913
Ground: Aetna Areana
Hartford, Connecticut
Capacity: 20,000
2013-14: Tenth

2m7u2h3.jpg

Burlington United Football Club
Nickname(s): United, The Lions
Team Colors: Purple/Sky Blue/Gold
Founded: 1935
Ground: North End
Burlington, Vermont
Capacity: 17,750
2013-14: Fourth

I'll be posting the rest of them shortly. If you want a crack at making shirts, here's a site with templates for Photoshop. Do mind that the download speed is kinda slow. Anyway don't forget to post your creation in this thread!

Here's Batch no. 2

2dmgrk9.jpg

Androscoggin Football Club
Nickname(s): AFC
Team Colors: Blue/Black
Founded: 1947
Ground:Androscoggin County Stadium
Auburn, Maine
Capacity: 13,180
2013-14:Fifth

fvv59v.jpg

Nashua Football Club
Nickname(s): The Blues
Team Colors: Blue/White
Founded: 1920
Ground:Hammersmith Lane
Nashua, New Hampshire
Capacity: 10,000
2013-14:promoted from League One

1411vgz.jpg

Portland Harbor Football Club
Nickname(s): The Dockers, Harbor
Team Colors:Red/White
Founded: 1903
Ground:The Warf
East End, Portland, Maine
Capacity: 24,000
2013-14:Eleventh

4zys61.jpg

Springfield Athletic Football club
Nickname(s): Les Mauves
Team Colors:purple/White
Founded: 1940
Ground: Duff Stadium
Springfield Massachusetts
Capacity: 12,000
2013-14:Eighth

2prad92.jpg

Worcester Football Club
Nickname(s): Hearts, The Great Old
Team Colors:Red/White/Blue
Founded:1892
Ground:Worcester Municipal Stadium
Springfield Massachusetts
Capacity: 23,500
2013-14: thirteenth

16ke41z.jpg

Sporting New Haven
Nickname(s): Sporting, The Sailors
Team Colors:Sky Blue/Blue/White
Founded:1898
Ground:Sony Arena
New Haven, Connecticut
Capacity:30,000
2013-14:Sixth

Ps: If anybody has a request just ask, Just mention the club colors, the preferred design and sponsor.

And here is the last batch.

i4iuco.jpg

Bangor Drivers Football Club
Nickname(s): The Drivers
Team Colors: Red/Yellow
Founded: 1984
Ground:Bangor Municipal Stadium
Bangor, Maine
Capacity: 7,500
2013-14:promoted from League One

w0o00w.jpg

Cambridge Wanderers Football Club
Nickname(s): The Wanderers
Team Colors: Blue/White/Red
Founded: 1900
Ground:Harvard Stadium
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Capacity: 30,323
2013-14:Ninth

10wl9ol.jpg

Green Mountain Rangers Football Club
Nickname(s): The Rangers, The Greens
Team Colors: Green/White/Sky Blue
Founded:2003
Ground:Vermont Capital Stadium
Montpellier, Vermont
Capacity: 12,000
2013-14:Fourteenth

2u4kf3n.jpg

Royal Windsor Football Club
Nickname(s): The Royals
Team Colors: Green/Black
Founded:1899
Ground: The Palace
Windsor, Connecticut
Capacity: 20,000
2013-14:Twelfth

And here's the New England national team kit.

1z18dv6.jpg

New England National Team

Nickname(s): The Mariners
Association: New England Football Association (NEFA)
Confederation: CONCACAF
Head Coach: Gert Verheyen (BEL)
Assistant Coach: Alex Thompson

Were you the kind sir/maam that made the kits for the AH World Cup?

I'm here

And here is

Royal Göteborg (Fotbollsklubb)
Founded: 11 May 1902
Home Stadium: Alexander Arena
Capacity: 248 671 also used for concerts and other major events in Göteborg
League: Scandbank Premier Liga
Continental Competition: Champions League
Last Season: winners of Premier Liga and Champions League

attachment.php

Those look pretty nice, Alvar!

Anyway this is the kit of the Louisiana Football Team & the crest.

s5l92e.jpg

Nickname(s):Lys, Les Blancs
Association: Union Royale Louisienne des Sociétés de Football Association (URLSFA)
Confederation: CONCACAF
Head Coach: Maxime Dubois
Assistant Coach: Rene Petit

The Kit:

jfl1y8.jpg

This is so cool! How do you make these?

Thanks, I made the shirts with Photoshop using templates. (I included them in the first post) I just open the template file and modify the parts I want. Had to fiddle around a bit to get the Fleur de Lys print but it turned out okay, The crest are made by me in Illustrator.

Football Club Sjæland København
Founded: 3 March 1904
Home Stadium: Scandbank Park
Capacity: 91 458 , Stadium built by Scandbank for the first season of united Scandinavian league
Continental Competition: Champions League
Last Season: 2nd in the Premier Liga and Semi-Finals in Champions League

attachment.php

Kit Sponsor: Vauto

Main Info:

Real Sociedad Gimnastica Sacramento,commonly known as Real Sacramento or simply as Real is a Californian professional football club based in
North Natomas, Sacramento. Founded in 1891 as Sociedad Gimnastica Sacramento, the club was at first an omni-sport club but later decided to
only focus on football. Since it's inception the club has always worn it's traditional sky blue/white home kit. The club adopted it's royal moniker
when King Alfonso XIII of Spain bestowed it upon them during his visit to California in 1923 and has been know as Real ever since. This was not
popular with fans of other clubs which viewed this as unpatriotic, especially with the fans of Atlético Los Angeles which fueled the rivalry between
the two clubs. Although other teams use "Real" as part of their name, only Sacramento has gotten it from a king, so as far as the Sacramento fans
are concerned their club is the only real "Real" in California. Besides the rivalry with Atlético Los Angeles they also have a rivalry with Deportivo San Francisco which whom they contest the Derby Del Norte with. Good for 25 Titles, 16 National Cups and 12 AmeriLeague titles, they are considered to be one of the top clubs in North America.

Real Sociedad Gimnastica Sacramento C.F
Nickname(s): Real, The Royals
Team Colors: Sky Blue/White
Founded: 1891
Ground: Gabriel Moraga Stadium
Sacramento, California Republic
Capacity: 90,000
League: Corona Pro League
2013-14: First

t563h0.jpg

Home Shirt:

dljnly.jpg

Away Shirt:

vn14kk.jpg

Third Shirt:

5fg02c.jpg

Last edited:
FC Tallinn Revalia
Founded: 22 October 1924 , by the workers of Revalia brewery
Home Stadium: Revalia Arena
Capacity: 70 569 , Built during the golden area of Revalia and it's team
Continental Competition: none
Last Season: 17th in the Premier Liga

attachment.php

Main Info:

Montañesa San Bernardino Club de Futbol more commonly referred to as just Montañesa, is a Californian professional football club based in
San Bernardino. Founded in 1936 as Brasilia F.C by Brazilian immigrants, they played in local tournaments until the creation of the
Californian Liga 1 in 1939. At the start of the season the club decided to change the name to Montañesa San Bernardino to attract more
local fans and players. But you can still see the link with Brazil in the club's green/yellow home colors. Although not one of the biggest clubs
around in the top flight league, the club reached the third place in the Liga 1 during the 13/14 season. Because of it's geographical proximity
the club has rivalries with other clubs based in and around LA. It's main rival is Athletic Club Riverside but it also has rivalries with
Atlético Los Angeles, Racing Santa Ana, Real Pasadena and Aztecas.

Montañesa San Bernardino C.F
Nickname(s): Montañeses
Team Colors: Green/Yellow
Founded: 1936
Ground: El Caldero (The Cauldron)
San Bernardino, California Republic
Capacity: 30,000 but restricted to 28,900
2013-14: Third

Crest

2zhi0wm.jpg

Home Shirt

34qwpw1.jpg

Away Shirt

65miro.jpg

Last edited:
Main Info:

Club Deportivo de San Francisco also known as Depor, CDSF or San Fran are a Californian football club based in Cole Valley, San Francisco. Founded in 1900, the club played in local leagues at first but later lost most of their infrastructure during the earthquake of 1906. The club was later restarted in 1918 but the damage was done and the club was not ready to participate in the first few seasons of the Californian Super Liga (the for bearer of the modern Liga 1). Out of discontent with that some players and members of the board went on to form Club Alameda located in Oakland. This sparked an intense rivalry between them which lasts until this day. Even tough it had a long tradition as a club, Deportivo only managed to make it to the Liga 1 during the 1979/1980 season. But they stayed in the top flight league ever since, and due to a big increase in budget and a entirely new owner the club managed to get it's first Liga 1 title during the now legendary 1987/1988 season.Having acquired 5 more since then, Deportivo has become a force to be reckoned with in the Californian domestic league. Besides it's historic rivalry with Alameda, which with whom they contest the Bay Derby they also have rivalries with Real Sacramento and Racing San José.

Club Deportivo de San Francisco
Nickname(s): Depor, SanFran
Team Colors: Red/white
Founded: 1900, Restarted in 1918
Ground: Bay Arena
Cole Valley, San Francisco, California Republic
Capacity: 40,000
2013-14: Fourth

Crest

mi1e0y.jpg

Kits

24zksip.jpg

This thread inspired me to create some kits earlier this summer but then I couldn't find it again for a while.

Does anybody have tips about making crests? Mine all end up looking really wonky

Club Deportivo de San Francisco

Love your kits dude, heres my San Francisco club's kit

Untitled.png

Does anybody have tips about making crests? Mine all end up looking really wonky

Those look nice! I like the detail on the first shirt. I always look up some crests before I start to get some inspiration and to get a general idea of what I want. Once I got an idea I go to the wiki commons page to get my base form. I think this is quite handy and saves you a lot of time. You can find a lot of crest shapes there, here's the link. Then I pick my main colors and try to make them work in the crest. Using the blend and pathfinder tool in illustrator makes you create seamless stripes or other patterns to play around with. If you don't have that you can always use Inkscape, which is free and almost has the same features. Once that's done, I add the detail. Lettering, Borders..., Mostly this is in an third color so it sticks out from the crest. Just make sure you pay attention to detail because that can give a bland crest that little something extra.

Those look nice! I like the detail on the first shirt. I always look up some crests before I start to get some inspiration and to get a general idea of what I want. Once I got an idea I go to the wiki commons page to get my base form. I think this is quite handy and saves you a lot of time. You can find a lot of crest shapes there, here's the link. Then I pick my main colors and try to make them work in the crest. Using the blend and pathfinder tool in illustrator makes you create seamless stripes or other patterns to play around with. If you don't have that you can always use Inkscape

Thanks for the advice! Probably a big part of my problem is the fact that I have been using gimp which isn't very good for this type of thing so I guess I should get inscape sometime. Heres one of the few crests that came out okay

Untitled.png

Probably a big part of my problem is the fact that I have been using gimp which isn't very good for this type of thing out

If you want to make some crests, I strongly recommend using Inkscape. If you use an Image editor like Gimp or Photoshop, the image tends to be warped and blurry the more you edit it. Using vector based software allows you to make detailed logo's and crests without losing the finer detail. And that crests is pretty cool, makes me think of Locomotiv Moscow. For what team is that crest/kit?