P&S: Where Would You Be In That Universe?

Whether from the point of view of if you, now, had been there in the 80s and onward, or from the point of view of you and your family in real time and how this would actually have affected you had it occurred, what would become of you in the reality of the Protect and Survive series?

Delta Force

Banned
I spent most of my life near the headquarters for major American commands, so I would have been killed in the first nuclear attacks. Ironically though, I now live in Oregon, the most survivable place in the continental United States in the event of a nuclear attack.

My family would have been reduced to cinders before I was born, apparently the Soviets planned on dropping quite a few megatons on Merseyside...

I'd fancy myself a wanderer of the wastes. Lord knows I live near enough guns and ammo. My ego would lead me to want to start a community. Not to say it would happen; there's a great chance I'd pansy out and die of radiation anyway. But I'd dream about it.

As for what would happen to me in reality...I was born years after the POD, so I may well not be born. Where I live won't get nuked, though. The waterways may bring in radiation, but it won't be nuked.

Dead. Living near a giant naval base and then an airforce base for most of my early life isn't boding well for my survival.

PimpLenin

Banned
I was five years old and living in Baton Rouge at the time. I would have been far enough from the nuke that hit north of the city to survive. With luck, I would live to adulthood. I don't know if it would have been a healthy adulthood though.

My wife was four years old and living in Blaxland, New South Wales in the Blue Mountains. They would have survived the Sydney blast. It would have been nice if my mother-in-law happened to be downtown though when it was nuked. Anyway, my wife would have survived too.

But we would never meet. I think for a long, long time, international travel would become an exotic thing again reserved for the rich and powerful. So that means none of my three kiddos are born.

I wasn't even born until 1995, so I have almost no chance of existing in the P&S Universe. My parents, however, were living in L'viv, Ukrainian SSR in 1984. They both owned dachas near the Carpathian Mountains, so if they used common sense, they could've survived.

Dead, I afraid. I live in Rauma on this time and nearby nuclear plant of Olkiluoto was one targets. So if winds goes badly...

Dirk_Pitt

Banned
Well I was born in '92 so I won't exist. My dad was in the navy on the ship USS Sylvania so he might survive for a little while assuming his ship isn't attacked by a Soviet sub. Who knows what might happen.

But my mom's probably doomed. She'd be probably at the Norfolk naval base.

Asami

Banned
Non-existent (14 years post-war lol), but my parents... My father had just gotten out of the airforce and they married in OTL 1983. However, Tampa would get glassed, so chances are, no.

My dad would be dead since he lived in Chicago and my mom would likely also be dead since she was in Santa Fe at the time. I can't remember if Santa Fe caught a nuke or not in P&S. In any case, I would not be around in the P&S universe.

I would be thankfully dead; incinerated in my sleep. IMHO most of P&S underestimates just how bad a post-nuclear-exchange world would be. I've always believed the living would envy the dead.

Whether from the point of view of if you, now, had been there in the 80s and onward, or from the point of view of you and your family in real time and how this would actually have affected you had it occurred, what would become of you in the reality of the Protect and Survive series?

For those of us not familiar with the series, can you provide a brief synopsis?