North European Civilization?

Assuming you meant historical civilisation (opposed to pre-historical), Celtic civilisation certainly fills the OP, but if you're talking about "UN North Europe" (as Scandinavia + Baltics) I think it would depend from an allo-historical migrations in Ukraine that would force either Thraco-Dacians or Scythians to move towards North Europe and Hungary.

At their contact, you could end with a Germano-Celtic culture more develloped than IOTL.

If you mean something like Greek city states around time of Roman Empire it might be bit difficult. Climate of Northern Europe sets limitations for Northern limitations.

If you mean something like Greek city states around time of Roman Empire it might be bit difficult. Climate of Northern Europe sets limitations for Northern limitations.

That said, IIth century Gallic confederations and tribal states are often compared to VIth Greece. The matter may be less climate and environment (even if it certainly plays) than direct contact, trade or else with advanced civilisations and cultures.

A scenario I've always been fond of is early Vikings vs Romans.
But yes. The climate wasn't there for it and even in medieval times the size of cities and crops that could be grown we're limited. It really took potatoes for the north to come into its own

As i've mentioned several times before in similar threads, I think that it would need another argicultural package better suited for the climate of north europe, and not one based on wheat and such based out of the Mesopotanian / Mediterranian climate.

Personally I'm quite fond of the idea of an argicultural package partly based on aquaculture, with Cattails and different types of seaweed as important food sources, using flooded marshland for farming in low water (similar to rice paddys)

North European Civilization- is it even remotely possible, say, as a contemporary to Greek civilization?

Maybe the Celtoi develop a writing system based on the Greek alphabet. Massalia (Marseille) was an influential economic Celtic-Greek hybrid civilisation. Maybe they maintain their influence in spreading Hellenic culture into Europe.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Did the Celts wipe out/assimilate the dudes who built Stone Henge, or is the distance in time so large as to be irrelevant?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Did the Celts wipe out/assimilate the dudes who built Stone Henge, or is the distance in time so large as to be irrelevant?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

From what i can read they got there in 6th century BC, from the Hallstatt culture in southen germany, but it appears that there might have been some proto-celtic culture prehaps all the way back to the bronze age, mid 2nd millenium BC ... so either could be true. There doesn't appear to be any consensus among the learned people about exactly when it happened and what happened to those its excepted built Stonehenge

Relativly irrelevant.
Peoples akin to Proto-Celts may have landed in Britain before Celts in the strictest sense (Halstatt) migrated there, but they can be considered as a different people from the latter.

Now, if we consider the Beaker culture is from Iberic-Atlantic origin, you have at least one or two waves of people/cultures before -750.