WI: Spongebob cancelled after movie

it'd probably be remembered more fondly. the consensus among fans seems to be that the series has been continually going downhill since the release of the movie, especially because the original creator left the show

Razgriz 2K9

Banned
Probably, though I don't think either Rugrats or the Wild Thornberries really lasted that long in syndication after their last movie came out (and bombed in the box office.)

It would stop the series from spiraling. It's now remembered for jumping the shark rather than being a show both kids and adults can enjoy.

Although, if the sequel bombs it may finally take the hint.

The question is how do you get it to happen? You have a very strong show, even if the creator wants to leave I don't think the execs would let it die.

You know the show is very popular though, right? I wouldn't think Nick would cancel it until it becomes so bizarre and terrible that no one would watch it, which still isn't the case. Nick would need a news cash cow to arrive very quickly.

My problem, and I still like it (don't judge), is when they stopped caring that they were underwater. They used to really take into account that they were underwater and built their world around that, but now you have things like camp fires underwater and oceans underwater, and so on...so they aren't taking into account that they're underwater.

My problem, and I still like it (don't judge), is when they stopped caring that they were underwater. They used to really take into account that they were underwater and built their world around that, but now you have things like camp fires underwater and oceans underwater, and so on...so they aren't taking into account that they're underwater.

in point of fact, there are what amounts to underwater bodies of water :p at least they joked about the fire once. "Hey, if we're underwater, how can we have a--" *campfire goes out*

in point of fact, there are what amounts to underwater bodies of water :p at least they joked about the fire once. "Hey, if we're underwater, how can we have a--" *campfire goes out*

There was one episode where Patrick (of all people) pointed out the absurdity of having a campfire underwater.

I find it amazing there is a thread devoted to this topic. I mean, don't get me wrong, my kids love Spongebob and it is mildly amusing to watch with them - but an AH on Spongebob?

The problem is that Spongebob was the Golden Goose for Nick. The successful show that just had a successful movie with a brand that was making them a lot of money. You'd have to convince the powers that be at Nickelodeon that the show should end on a high note.