WI: All Nazi Party members executed after WWII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... Perhaps, under Soviet urging, the Allies legislate that every Nazi Party member has to sign a formal statement agreeing that the Party was a criminal conspiracy and formally resigning membership. On (say) 8 May 1947, all Nazi Party members (i.e. those who haven't resigned) will be hauled before the International War Crimes Tribunal on capital charges.

Thoughts? I'm stretching plausibility a bit, but I want to find some semi-reasonable way to meet the challenge.

Hmm... Perhaps, under Soviet urging, the Allies legislate that every Nazi Party member has to sign a formal statement agreeing that the Party was a criminal conspiracy and formally resigning membership. On (say) 8 May 1947, all Nazi Party members (i.e. those who haven't resigned) will be hauled before the International War Crimes Tribunal on capital charges.

Thoughts? I'm stretching plausibility a bit, but I want to find some semi-reasonable way to meet the challenge.

Nah they would just get a slap on the wrist like OTL

Nah they would just get a slap on the wrist like OTL
Well, that's why I gave everyone the chance to get out by resigning from the Party. It would seem plausible enough to conclude that those who don't resign are those who deserve something more than a slap on the wrist. And, of course, this would require some change in the Big Three's thinking, though I think you could convince Churchill and Stalin to go along with it.

I wonder how the Nazis would act if they were forced into concentration camps like their victims were.

Like summer camp for the Party members? :eek:

Might lead to a lot more holdouts and terror attacks by hard core nazis. Then we get reprisals to follow. Not a pretty picture.

I wonder how the Nazis would act if they were forced into concentration camps like their victims were.

Would people be as glib here about discussing every member of the Communist Party in the Stalinist USSR being forced to go off to stay in a Gulag in Siberia or just plain being shot? Would there be a moral difference?

All members?

Nothing less than genocide.

I agree with you and some could use the same ideal of union members, communists, or just plain(blank) political party voters.

I have nothing but loathing for Nazis, but to kill them all off makes those doing it just as bad as what the Nazis did in the concentration camps.

The majority of Nazi party members probably joined because it made sense and they vaguely agreed with Hitler. The vast majority weren't fanatics and probably disagreed with the Final Solution etc.

Soundgarden

Banned
Would people be as glib here about discussing every member of the Communist Party in the Stalinist USSR being forced to go off to stay in a Gulag in Siberia or just plain being shot? Would there be a moral difference?

I was thinking more along the lines as how they treated the jews and other "utermensh" getting that same treated. Forced to do pointless exercises, barely being fed, worked to death, etc etc.

I was thinking more along the lines as how they treated the jews and other "utermensh" getting that same treated. Forced to do pointless exercises, barely being fed, worked to death, etc etc.

So not just kill them but kill them slowly. How does that make it better?

Lateknight

Banned
So killing all nazi basically requires German genocide yes? well how does that make the allies any different from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.