2006 TURTLEDOVE: And the winners are...

CONGRATULATIONS!

2006turtledoveWRITERSFORUM1.gif

Glen

robertp6165 said:
CONGRATULATIONS!

I want to thank the AH.com academy for recognizing all the hard work that went into the creation of the ME7 Twentieth Century Map, not only the keying in of countries, but all the islands that were added to this map template, and now can be used for more detailed histories in future. I want to thank all the players of ME7 whose vision led to the development of a rich and textured world. I apologize to those who hate straight borders on maps, but would point out that they actually arose through role-playing so, yes, it is possible for real maps to have straight edges when politicians are at work.

I'd like to also congratulate my competition in this category. The Carving up Russia and China map was excellent and it was a good race.

While the timeline that spawned the winning map did not win in its category, I feel that there is no shame in losing to as fine an ASB timeline as Washington's Warlocks. The detail work put into that imaginative world makes it well deserving of a Turtledove.

I'd also like to thank all the people who contributed to and voted for the Weimar Republic Survives Timeline (AKA Weimar World). What started as an AH Challenge, then grew into a collaboration between AH.com and OTL.com, and ran away into a fully realized world with 100 years of alternate history is a tribute to the energies and imaginations of alternate historians. Special notes of thanks should go out to perdedor99, Othniel, luakel, and Wendell who have been regular participants in this project, along with many otherws. Of course, a close loss to as well respected a timeline as Superpower Empire China can hardly be counted as a loss. Since the timeline is still in the process of being completed, it is my ardent hope to see it in the Turtledoves again next year.

Go Turtledove Awards!

Thande

Donor
Yay, I won 4/26ths of an award :D (for AH.com the series season 1)

Congratulations to all winners.

I'd like to thank Jesus. And Muhammed, Zarathustra, Mithras, Mani, Buddha, Confucius, Vishnu, Shiva, Rishaba, and L Ron Hubbard, just to be on the safe side.

DominusNovus said:
I'd like to thank Jesus. And Muhammed, Zarathustra, Mithras, Mani, Buddha, Confucius, Vishnu, Shiva, Rishaba, and L Ron Hubbard, just to be on the safe side.
uh, you're on this website, and you forgot to thank the Holy Sheep, the Holy Goat, and Ian?!

Two Turtledoves! w00t! :cool:

Oh, are we doing acceptance speeches?

I'd like to thank all the readers of Sons of Alexander- I'm sorry it's still not finished...I promise I'll continue it slowly but surely. I really do enjoy writing it when I get inspiration.

As for the Anglo-Dutch Empire, special thanks go out to Thande for his input without which the initial discussion would never have gotten off the ground and for his basemap which helped so much in shaping the TL. Also to Akiyama whose in-depth commentary on various aspects of the TL has done so much to flesh out the world of the Anglo-Dutch Empire.

My thanks to all of you who voted for me and I hope you enjoy reading these two pieces as much as I enjoy writing them.

Flocc

BTW- where's the after-party? The Pub in the Hub? ;)

Thande

Donor
Flocc said:
special thanks go out to Thande for his input without which the initial discussion would never have gotten off the ground and for his basemap which helped so much in shaping the TL.

*doffs his flat hat at Flocc* The pleasure was all mine, old boy. :eek: