Weekly Infobox Challenge: Discussion & Entries

In a theme similar to the Weekly Flag Challenge, I have decided to establish a Weekly Infobox Challenge. :) Each week, the previous weeks winner shall post a theme challenge, and others submit entries based on that theme.

For the most part, rules and process are the same as the Flag Challenge, but here it is laid out.

1: Like the WFC, there are two threads: The one here for discussion and entries, and a second one (Link) where new challenges (along with the previous weeks winning entry) are posted.

2: When choosing the week's theme, the previous winner CANNOT:
• Chose the same theme as the previous week.
• Limit the eligibility of entrants. For example, you cannot say “only the first 4 entrants will be considered”.

The new challenge is posted in the New Challenges thread, along with the deadline. This should include the date, time and time zone. Each challenge should last a week.

3: Entrants submit their designs in the ‘Discussion & Entries’ thread. The previous winner CANNOT enter their own round. Unless a challenge specifically asks for multiple entries, contestants may only enter ONE entry. If a challenge specifically asks for multiple entries, contestants may only enter ONE set. They are allowed to change their entry as many times as they wish before the closing date. The most recent design posted by a user will be considered to be his/her entry.

4: If the round closes and there are less than two entries, the previous winner is allowed to extend the round by up to 7 more days. If this time has passed and there are still less than two entries, the previous winner is obligated to cancel the current round and start another one.

5: When the contest is over, the previous winner makes a poll thread titled ‘Weekly Infobox Challenge #[round number] voting’. This contains all of the entries but they must be ANONYMOUS and labelled only by number, e.g. “entry 1”, “entry 2”, etc. The previous winner can decide how long the poll is open for. From experience, 3 days is recommended.

6: When the poll is closed, the winner and their flag are posted in the ‘New Challenges & Previous Winners’ thread. The new winner gets to decide the next challenge, and the cycle continues.

7: If there is a tie, a tie breaker poll will be created, and last for on 1 day. If a tie is again reached, then the winners shall negotiate who will create the next challenge.

8: If the winner is unwilling or incapable of making the next challenge, they should notify the person in second-place, who then gets to create the next challenge.
If the second-place person is unwilling or incapable of making the next challenge, the process repeats to the third-place person.

EDIT: Since there is no previous winner, the first challenge shall be whoever posts one first.

Last edited:
For the first challenge, how about first leaders of countries who where puppetized by the Nazi's, post Greater German Reich collapse? Wide discretion when the collapse was and what the countries are, sound good?

For the first challenge, how about first leaders of countries who where puppetized by the Nazi's, post Greater German Reich collapse? Wide discretion when the collapse was and what the countries are, sound good?

That does sound interesting but I am afraid you've been ninja'd. :(

Me. I propose Alternate Leaders of OTL countries.

First come, first serve. :) Go ahead and post the theme on the second thread. (However, maybe add a little more detail. IE: Is it Present day OTL or can it be any historic period?)

WEEKLY INFORBOX CHALLENGE #1

Originally Posted by Turquoise Blue
Me. I propose Alternate Leaders of OTL countries.

Originally Posted by Turquoise Blue
Any historical period but post-1890 encouraged.

Entry begins now. Deadline is one week from now; October 26th, 5:00 PM Pacific Time (UTC−8).

First Entry.
W6wySVW.jpg

0CiPnmm.jpg

Last edited:
Funny you should mention John McCain. In response to a thread I saw today asking about what if 9/11 decapitated the Government, we have President Hastert, who resigned slightly early to allow President-elect McCain to get immediately working with Congress.

attachment.php

Last edited:
A question: Is it allowed that a country survived longer (or shorter), e.g. a successor of Erich Honecker or Egon Krenz in a surviving GDR? Or the President of a surviving CSA?

I saw the encouraged date, and I thought of something that's occurred to me more than once. Unfortunately, somewhat after the date, and for unfortunate reasons not the most likely of candidates, but I'll live:

President Bonaparte.png