"What if Israel had been in Uganda?" (not political, art)

Woah. That's really awesome. I must show it to all my friends. Really, it's incredible (though the creator's original intent was, according to the article, not to create an interesting AH scenario but to parody OTL Israel).

Woah. That's really awesome. I must show it to all my friends. Really, it's incredible (though the creator's original intent was, according to the article, not to create an interesting AH scenario but to parody OTL Israel).

Heck parodying Isreal is what we do best here, but was Israeli Uganda ever actually on the table or is the location just another part of the parody?

Heck parodying Isreal is what we do best here, but was Israeli Uganda ever actually on the table or is the location just another part of the parody?
It's not something the graduate student came up with, at least - do a search for Zionist Uganda in Post-1900.

Actually, the British offered the leaders of Zionism in the early 20th century to settle in Uganda and Kenya. At first it was actually seriously debated, with the a strong minority favoring the proposal (some saw it as only a temporary step after which all the Jews in Uganda would move together as a whole into Palestine). Ultimately it was turned down after a Jewish expedition determined that Uganda is no fit land for a Jewish State.

I like how, even when it's just an art thesis, the artist isn't able to separate the military element of the "Zionist" identity from the project itself. Interesting thinking about that...

המיליטריזם נוכח ברחבי העבודה, גם אם גתי לא התכוון להגיע לשם כשיצא לדרך. מה זה אומר על האופי הישראלי?
Militarism is present throughout the work, even though Geti didn't intend to arrive there when he began his journey. What does this say about Israeli character?

fillerfiller

Google's translation of the page is pretty freaking hilarious:

Can be, and not condition. This country would not be called in Israel, but "Republic of Heaven". Temple Mount were called Mount Hope and continue to be killed both him, big cities will be called Tel Aviv - Mombasa (led by Ron Pelican), level - Magna daughter - Jimbo, the leader is Moshe Dayan ("He Israeli leader only with eggs in front of Idi Amin") and Uganda is the practice of stealing antiques, mail icon is not a deer but antelope wars singer spends the successful album "ivory coast" Palmach emblem is a machete and cane sugar, part of the same army and decorations for elephants war and occupation meadow, and Kibbutz Ein Ivory smokers "Noblesse" - a tradition that tradition - but the pack looks a little different:

:p:D

Anyone else think it was pure genius to make the menorah part of the antelope horns? I would love to see more stuff with that symbol.