Alternate terms for *New England?

My first thread here, and it's less a timeline than it is a question/challenge. I'm formulating a little timeline project with a POD in the early colonial era (somewhere in the 1620-30s - I'm still juggling around options and don't have anything concrete yet) which chronicles the birth of a nation. The end result of this is a state similar to Canada in role, with the borders approximating the six New England states minus northern Maine. My question for you people is what would be a good name for this nation? I don't want to rely on "New England" or any rehashing of it (e.g. Novanglia).

New Amsterdam....where the Dutch have more settlement and probably more area in the Old World and thus settle more of the area before the British take over.

~ Something with Concord, Concordia after Bartholomew Gosnold's 1602 colony survives.
~ North Virginia: After the Virginia Company of Plymouth
~ New Devon: After the county Plymouth is situated in
~ New (English County): Named for the founders home country
~ West Anglia (skirting your limitations)
~ Cabotina
~ New Normandy (Verrazzano's naming is kept and aligned to the English kings claims on the Duchy on Normandy)

birdboy2000

Banned
Norumbega, after the mythical native settlement which usually named the area on pre-Mayflower European maps, would be another plausible option.

Those are some interesting suggestions, although I'm not entirely sure about some of them. Any others? o:

The natives aren't annihilated/ a empire is relevant enough to leave a lasting effect causes a actual native name to stick?

That region is rich with native demonyms and toponyms which might easily be turned into national-style place names. For instance, "Iroquoia" or "Algonquia", referring to well-known tribal groups.

If TTL inhabitants are hostile to native names, they might prefer some classical term relating to the history of the region, like "Peregrina" after the pilgrims, or "Balena" in reference to whaling. (But these are more like the sort of names that get proposed during debates, but which are never adopted.)

Or they might do the same as the USA, and neglect to give themselves a proper name, instead using a generic descriptive phrase. They might call themselves something like the Commonwealth of Atlantic States, and then call themselves "Atlantic", just as Americans lay claim to the adjective "American".

That region is rich with native demonyms and toponyms which might easily be turned into national-style place names. For instance, "Iroquoia" or "Algonquia", referring to well-known tribal groups.
New England doesn't include New York, so Iroquoia would make no sense. The Algonquin tribe itself also does not reside in New England.

Theres also the name of a name thats religious in origin, a lot of puritan rhetoric talked about building Massachusets as a sort of "New Jerusalem". Them naming it after various places from the bible seems like something that could definitely catch on among the settlers.

If it's before 1625, how about "Jacobia" or something similar? The Latin form of James is Jacobus.

You could also use something like "King James' Land" or simply "Jamesland" or Kingsland"

If they still have a revolution, they could use "Freedonia". Apparently, it was kind of popular after the real-world Revolutionary War.

And the rabidly anti-latin and anti-catholic protestants go for a latin name why.

Yep, Elizabeth I was notoriously pro-Rome and pro-Catholic, as her acceptance of the latinate term "Virginia" proves. :p

Since the OP did not specify a rabidly protestant national culture, IMO the suggestion of Jacobia for a foundation of 1605 to 1625 is valid.