Communist Spain flag

... is needed I googled the site + flag of communist Spain but din't get any normal looking results

PS: don't make republican Spanish flag with red star on it because I want to replace that kind of flag

@ any moderator please move this to help section

Last edited:
I'd go with something akin to the Spanish Republican Flag

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_Second_Spanish_Republic

You can even keep the coat of arms that represents all Spanish people/regions, but replace the crown, which an obvious monarchist symbol, with a more commie one. If you want to avoid a red star, or the hammer and sickle go with something more industrious like a cog. Or hammer and compass like East Germany. There are tons of options there.

IMHO during the Spanish Civil War the Communist Party in Spain was exercising real power (largely through and due to Russian influence and aid) but an essential part of that was that such power was exerted through non communist leaders such as Negrin, as such the 30's communists would have kept the Republican flag. Had they taken or retained power in the 40's (eg by a failure of Overlord and eventual Russian liberation of Europe) then the flag would have perhaps had a workers symbol imposed on it aka Roumainia.

Red has for centuries been a part of the Spanish flag so it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate trad Spanish images with communist ones.

Nevermind I got an idea

remember this

Roundel1938-1988.png

Yeah, that's mine. There should be more of them in one of the flag threads somewhere - I did up a whole array of flags and insignia for the communist and post-communist regimes