What would be a good post-Napoleonic French wank pod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baphomet

Banned
Can anyone suggest a post-Napoleonic French wank pod, that ends up with expansion beyond the Rhine?

Baphomet

Banned
About Franco-Prussian War, how would you get France to defeat Germany? I mean not just clinch a victory, but really completely defeat Germany decisively?

how about if France decides to stay in spain after its intevention in 1823?

Unlikely. It would probably just drain French resources as well as likely alienating other European powers if it went on too long. Plus I fail to see how that would gain them land along the Rhine.

And yes everyone else is right, more Frenchman are needed for more France.

Baphomet

Banned
Unlikely. It would probably just drain French resources as well as likely alienating other European powers if it went on too long. Plus I fail to see how that would gain them land along the Rhine.

And yes everyone else is right, more Frenchman are needed for more France.

How do you prevent French demographic collapse? Maybe shorter Napoleonic Wars that doesn't have much of an impact decimating the French male population in France's foreign conquests?

As always, I'd suggest for people to look at the problem from the other angle. Instead of strengthening your nation of choice, how about weakening the opponents? The period is not exactly my forte, but Germany (The region, that is) was rather busy in the 19th century, and one needn't look too hard to find some way to mess things up for Prussia.

Not a bad one. Or possibly French intervention in the Seven Weeks War. Austro-French co-operation defeats Prussia and Italy.

About Franco-Prussian War, how would you get France to defeat Germany? I mean not just clinch a victory, but really completely defeat Germany decisively?

Randon told Napoléon III in 1866 that he could have over 300,000 concentrated on the Rhine within two weeks. Hell, the French nearly intervened IOTL, but the Emperor changed his mind at literally the last second before the army was to march due to a nightmare. Prussia had all her forces in Bohemia at the time, the French would be across the Rhine and hitting major Rhenish cities like Triere, Cologne, Bonn, Koblenz, and Mainz before the Hohenzollerns could react.

Baphomet

Banned
Randon told Napoléon III in 1866 that he could have over 300,000 concentrated on the Rhine within two weeks. Hell, the French nearly intervened IOTL, but the Emperor changed his mind at literally the last second before the army was to march due to a nightmare. Prussia had all her forces in Bohemia at the time, the French would be across the Rhine and hitting major Rhenish cities like Triere, Cologne, Bonn, Koblenz, and Mainz before the Hohenzollerns could react.

And destroying German railroads that were the deciding factor in their victory because rairoads allowed them to ship more men and artillery to the front than France could.

Mind you, there's always the issue of keeping it, afterwards. Winning the area is likely to be far easier, actually - The real problem is the fact that nationalism was a growing factor in politics, and I somehow doubt that too many German-speaking people will be endeared to French leadership.

And destroying German railroads that were the deciding factor in their victory because rairoads allowed them to ship more men and artillery to the front than France could.

Prussian rail wouldn't mean diddly-squat when the Prussian armies are caught flat-footed in Bohemia between the Austrians and the Ore Mountains. I wouldn't count on the Landwehr to last very long against professional units either.

Mind you, there's always the issue of keeping it, afterwards. Winning the area is likely to be far easier, actually - The real problem is the fact that nationalism was a growing factor in politics, and I somehow doubt that too many German-speaking people will be endeared to French leadership.

What? France doesn't need to keep it afterward - hell, she wouldn't want to! The point of such a war would be to limit Prussian expansionism.

Baphomet

Banned
Prussian rail wouldn't mean diddly-squat when the Prussian armies are caught flat-footed in Bohemia between the Austrians and the Ore Mountains. I wouldn't count on the Landwehr to last very long against professional units either.

Using this scenario we can have the French go through Germany, pick up allies along the way, like the German states who didn;'t want to be part of a unified Germany anyway, then take Berlin and do what Napoleon didn't do; burn it. Then after Germany is completely crushed, have France abolish the kingdom of Prussia entirely by partitioning it. How's that for a wank?

Using this scenario we can have the French go through Germany, pick up allies along the way, like the German states who didn;'t want to be part of a unified Germany anyway, then take Berlin and do what Napoleon didn't do; burn it. Then after Germany is completely crushed, have France abolish the kingdom of Prussia entirely by partitioning it. How's that for a wank?
Garanted to get a new coalition on it's ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.