What program so you use to make maps?

Thande

Donor
I mostly use MSPaint, with Paint.Net for when I want to do layer effects and stuff like that. .SVGs are black magic to me, I respect those who know the arcane secrets of the vectors but I'll stick to my bitmaps...

I primarily use MS Paint, though I also use Paint.NET, Inkscape and GIMP either to add to maps I did in MS Paint or on rare occasions to make an entire map with.

I use Illustrator. A good free substitute that I like is Inkscape, but I am just more comfortable in Illustrator. I think SVG is a much better format to make maps in than PNG.

I've pretty much universally switched to Paint.Net, occaisionally going back to MSPaint if I want to do a lot of straight, one pixel lines.

Paint.Net for everything. I dabbled in Inkscape, but it's not really right for the sort of mapmaking I want to do. Which is mess with pixels on the QBAM.

What do you use to make maps?

Corel Photopaint 10 (from 2000). I really need to upgrade, given it won't run on Win7 (I've got it running in a XP virtual box) or finally break down and learn how to do the same things on Gimp or something, but after twenty-odd years of using it, I'm kinda stuck.

My primary program is MS Paint, changing versions as my primary computer has gone from XP to Vista to Windows 7.

I recently picked up Paint.NET because Windows 7 Paint messed up the "Convert to black and white" feature, so when I wanted to use that I had to substitute with layers.

I've actually had Inkscape a little longer than Paint.NET, but I haven't been able to get much done with it.