Christmas PoDs?

Looking at Wikipedia, looks like...Taisho died of a heart attack on this day in 1926, Christmas Island was discovered in 1643 and claimed for Britain, Johnson gave universal and unconditional pardon to all Confederate soldiers in 1868 (as a gesture of good will towards men on Christmas,) George Washington in Trenton in 1776 (crossing the Delaware), coronation of Charlemagne in 800.

EDIT: Obviously this is just a list of events for our would-be POD-writers. ;)

Faeelin

Banned
I was trying to think about how to abort the Christmas tree, but it seems to have spread everywhere outside of Catholic Europe in the 19th century.

I was trying to think about how to abort the Christmas tree, but it seems to have spread everywhere outside of Catholic Europe in the 19th century.

To a sometimes humorous degree, too. I think if anything the Christmas Tree is an excellent study on how human traditions and norms can quickly spread and be adopted in a short amount of time. It's pretty scary, actually, how fast the Christmas Tree spread.

Looking at Wikipedia, looks like...

Good raw material; also, an interesting coincidence, the years 1989 to 1991 all had eventful Christmas days:

1989 – Nicolae Ceaușescu, former communist President of Romania and his wife, First-Deputy Prime-Minister Elena are condemned to death and executed after a summary trial
1990 – The first successful trial run of the system which would become the World Wide Web
1991 – Mikhail Gorbachev resigns as president of the Soviet Union (the union itself is dissolved the next day). Ukraine's referendum is finalized and Ukraine officially leaves the Soviet Union

The "riot" outside Westminster abbey in 1066 accidentally sets fire to the abbey and kills all inside including William the conquerer.