Challenge: Slavic Germany...

Soundgarden

Banned
Despite having similar physical features and customs(well, at least with Western Slavs since they were both part of Prussia and The Holy Roman Empire), Germany and its Slavic neighbors have gotten along like cats and dogs. Even today, we'll they put up with one another, there is still tension between the two. Their animosity stems back to Roman Times when they became two distinct groups and ethniticies culiminating in World War 2, where Hitler wanted to perform the three Es on them - expel, enslave, or exterminate them.

That being said, how would you make Germany a Slavic Nation? I'll come up with my idea after a few replies.

You'd need the Slavs to be much stronger relative to the Germans to even have a chance of it. Good luck.

Soundgarden

Banned
You'd need the Slavs to be much stronger relative to the Germans to even have a chance of it. Good luck.

Well, there are way more Slavs than German people(about 4 times as many). Its possible for Slavic Tribes to conquer them and then force them into their way of life, like Prussia did when they swallowed up Slavic territory of tried to Germanize them.

Well, there are way more Slavs than German people(about 4 times as many). Its possible for Slavic Tribes to conquer them and then force them into their way of life, like Prussia did when they swallowed up Slavic territory of tried to Germanize them.

How are we defining Slavs and how are we defining Germans in that statement, and in what year?

As for the Slavic tribes - the problem isn't just numbers, the problem is going to be having equal strength in the field.

As far as I can tell, the Germans have the advantage in mail and swords at the point this would be a serious possibility.

ingemann

Banned
Germans was both more numerous and was better organised than the West Slavs, it would be quite hard for them to expand much more than they had done historical. One of the reason that the Germans was so successful in overrunnig the Slavs was that the Germans had a much larger population density thanks to their use of the heavy plough. On the other hand the Slavic expansion success was to large extent because of their use of the light plough, which while giving a much lower yield and leaving much land to the wilderness, was excellent in poor soil like heath, which were common in much of north eastern Germany and Poland, but grew less common in the rest of Germany and north eastern Europe.

As such it's almost impossible to imagine the Slavs expand much west of the Elbe, at best I could see them take the Jutish Peninsula and some of the Danish islands, and maybe annex Lüneburg Heath (which was populated by Slavs historical) into one of the Wendish principalities.

Have Thrasco, the Slavic ally of Francia against the Saxons convert to Christianity and remain an ally of Francia, the Christian Slavs could conquer the Pagan Saxons instead.

Have Thrasco, the Slavic ally of Francia against the Saxons convert to Christianity and remain an ally of Francia, the Christian Slavs could conquer the Pagan Saxons instead.

Which only makes a small impact on Germany being Slavic or not.