WI: No Alice Cooper

Ive read that as a child, Vincent Furnier was often times sick. Lets say he succumbs to his sickness and passes away, therefore never forming the Alice Cooper band. Without Cooper, how does this affect shock rock (we did have screamin jay hawkins and arthur brown, but i cant see either one breaking into the mainstream), as well as hard rock, heavy metal, and glam rock?

Willmatron

Banned
Then there would be a less darker turn to music. Considering how he inspired KISS and other later metal. Less theatrics, or a lot less dark.

Ive read that as a child, Vincent Furnier was often times sick. Lets say he succumbs to his sickness and passes away, therefore never forming the Alice Cooper band. Without Cooper, how does this affect shock rock (we did have screamin jay hawkins and arthur brown, but i cant see either one breaking into the mainstream), as well as hard rock, heavy metal, and glam rock?

It MIGHT open the door a bit more for punk rock in the USA.

Especially if no Alice Cooper means no KISS.

Setting aside the fact that John Lydon auditioned for the Sex Pistols by singing Alice Cooper's "I'm 18" - if there's less of a home-grown precident for shocking rock, then the natural market for Alice Cooper might be attracted to the likes of the Sex Pistols, the Damned, and The Clash for the more revolutionary-minded..

I never get into metal - hearing his stuff from my parents as a kid got me into metal as opposed to pop like a lot of people I knew at the time.

But yeah, it would be a huge kick in the teeth for Metal :(