A TL on Hauhauism?

Hi AHers!

After quite a long hiatus from the board (to be honest this was due to both exams and being a bit bored by some of the topics on the board recently, as much as I sound like a douchebag saying that :p ) I have returned!

Anyways, despite notoriously never completing timelines, I do want to get back to my Chiang Kai-Shek joins the Axis TL, but I was wondering how interested people would be in a TL on an alternate development of Hauhauism. To get back into the rhythm of writing TLs, you know?

For those of you that don't know, Hauhauism was a little know syncretic religion developed by Maori in the 1860s. It was based on the teachings of it's prophet Te Ua, who claimed to see the angel Gabriel. It was based on an interpretation of Old Testament scripture supposedly revealed to Te Ua by Gabriel. Apparently Gabriel's revelations indicated the means by which the Maori, one of the Lost Tribes of Israel, were to be set free from the bondage of Pakeha (European, or more accurately Western European New Zealanders), i.e. the British. Hauhauism was quite a militant set of beliefs, and they believed in a god of war, Riki, and a god of peace, Ruru. In OTL, Hauhauism faded away, but influenced later syncretic Maori movements, most of which also faded away. However, due to some parallels with Mormonism, Mormonism is now quite popular amongst Maori in what was the Hauhau heartland.

So, since we have very few New Zealand TLs, and I know lots of you are interested by little-known subjects like this, I was wondering if there was any interest in a mini-TL on Hauhauism?

Bumped, for lack of replies (although thank you Ganesha), and I actually want to know if anyone will read it if I make it. It's quite an interesting topic, and pretty difficult to find info about.

I've come across this several times while reading about NZ and Maori history. It definitely has AH potential - in my Hawaiian TL, I myself want to include similar cases of syncretic faiths cropping up in the Pacific after contact with Europeans. Including cross-ocean imports from one island country to the other. ;)

Weren't there OTL followers of Hauhauism among the group of Maoris that invaded the Chatham Islands in the 19th century and harassed the local Moriori tribes ?