Thande

Donor
I don't know a whole lot about the Brazilian space programme but unfortunately from what I do know it seems like the VLS accident was something more reflective of endemic problems than just a specific error with this specific rocket. In order to have a more successful Brazilian space programme I think you need to go a bit further back POD-wise.

Alcantara (sp?) is a great lcation for a space port, probably the best in the world. If you can get a successful launch, they might well get it used as a site, if only by others. That wasnt the largely ukrainian rocket that failed, right, it was the indigenous one?

May Brazil doesnt launch there but rents out the site to the russians and ukrainians, maybe spacex eventually.

Alcantara (sp?) is a great lcation for a space port, probably the best in the world. If you can get a successful launch, they might well get it used as a site, if only by others.

I know, Kourou and Alcantara are the closest to the equator and have it really easy for deploying carrier rockets.

In my Sparrow Avengers universe, I have a post-alt-WWII central European space programme (the smallest of the "Big Five" space powers) that has a spaceport in Paraná, on the location of a more succesful version of the OTL Polish colony of Morska Wola. A spinoff of the main TL deals with the trials and tribulations of said programme, á la The Right Stuff and From the Earth to the Moon. Conflicts and disputes with an alt-60s Brazilian government over ownership of the small territory are one of the main sources of drama in that series. ;)

That wasnt the largely ukrainian rocket that failed, right, it was the indigenous one ?

AFAIK, yes.