How to Save Your Skin in a Nazi Victory

Limited or not, if you fell under the reign of the Nazis or one of their direct Axis puppets how would you save yourself and others around? What excuse could be given to save your ethnic group, region, family, or tribe? If all else fails, you should not rule out trying to have yourself traded for Germans in Argentina.

With Spanish, English and SCottish ancestors I would not have a problem. Admittedly with brown hair I am not the purest Aryan around and so would not be eligible to join the Heinrich Himmler Memorial Breeding Programme and its endling supply of nubile blonde chicks. Still, I reckon that I would manage alright.

With Spanish, English and SCottish ancestors I would not have a problem. Admittedly with brown hair I am not the purest Aryan around and so would not be eligible to join the Heinrich Himmler Memorial Breeding Programme and its endling supply of nubile blonde chicks. Still, I reckon that I would manage alright.

Hitler and Himmler looked down on the majority of the English lower class, Hitler swore to never step foot in Spain, and the Scottish part might be alright so long as you didn't end up with the majority of the male population sent to German factories.

I'm Jewish, but my dad looks very "aryan", though everyone on my mom's side is very stereotypically Jewish-looking. Still, I'd probably die, or be in a camp or something.

Hitler and Himmler looked down on the majority of the English lower class, Hitler swore to never step foot in Spain, and the Scottish part might be alright so long as you didn't end up with the majority of the male population sent to German factories.
A factory job sounds very nice even if it is a twelve hour day. It certainly beats hunting Slav bandits in the former Soviet Union or Balkans or doing time the wrong side of the wire of a concentration camp.

On class my father would count lowe, but my mother middle so I may avoid deportation. However, I could volunteer to go there or join the Wehmacht so that I can do my bit for the Reich.

I'm Jewish, but my dad looks very "aryan", though everyone on my mom's side is very stereotypically Jewish-looking. Still, I'd probably die, or be in a camp or something.

Probably. If it was the other way around they might have done what hundreds of others did, which was claim an affair to protect their children.

Eh, the Finns weren't even close to pure Aryan, but having fought with at least token effort in the Continuation War I figure we'd be alright. I personally have blonde hair and blue eyes (as do most in my family), so we'd probably do well. Might adopt my mothers sides surname though, to sound more German.

Eh, the Finns weren't even close to pure Aryan, but having fought with at least token effort in the Continuation War I figure we'd be alright. I personally have blonde hair and blue eyes (as do most in my family), so we'd probably do well. Might adopt my mothers sides surname though, to sound more German.

They were considered Nordic and Hitler said that they were a proud warrior race who would protect their northern flank. He also said that their mental health problems was due to their isolation on farms fifty miles away from each other and that religion was as good a way as any to keep them occupied. It helps that Himmler thought highly of their culture as well. The Finns apparently did not like being called Aryans though as they knew they did not come from the same stock as most Europeans. Huh. Sounding odd how I say this stuff.

Since my mum's Polish, and her parents ended up in the Gulags, I wouldn't even exist. But if I did, I would be in a quite precarious position.

I've got a smattering of a bunch of different groups French, English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, German, a tiny bit of Polish (very tiny)

But I'm 6'2" Blond and Blue Eyed, probably end up an honorary Aryan

Well, I'm over half Scandinavian (Swedish & Norwegian) followed by German, English & Irish, so I don't think my ancestry would be a problem. I'd probably be more concerned about how the Nazis conquered/got a puppet in the United States.

Half-Tartar here, and as strange as it (may) sound, I'm probably quite safe from what I read.

Especially considering that my grandfather on my father's side fought on both sides, first with the Russians in the early war, then with the Germans towards the end (as I understand it, he was captured then given the opportunity to join one of the local minority units till war's end)- and my grandmother was part of the flow of refugees that beat a hasty path into Germany during the Russian counter-offensives.

I'd like to think that those bits counted for something...but who knows given how fickle the Nazis could be. Of course, that assumes somehow all of that came to pass while I'm in southern Ukraine...

A Nazi victory would butterfly me away as my parents would never meet one another, but assuming I'd be around as my current self I'd be fine as far as ethnical background goes as a blue-eyed blond Finn, living in a Greater Finland that's been subjected to Nazi version of OTL Finlandisierung.

Well, I've got a fair bit of Britishness, but also a fair bit of Slavicness. I'd probably move to the middle of nowhere in the north where no one could bother to enforce a racial dictatorship due to the overly low densities. Probably have to change my last name to my mum's though as my current one is apparently identifiably Polish.

Even though I`m Slavic with neither blond hair nor blue eyes, I`m probably safe because I`m Croatian and there were seven people with the same surname as me that served on the Eastern Front, not to mention both of my great-grandfathers were "drafted" for work in German factories. Plus my family has a long history of serving the Hapsburgs in war, so that might count for something. My little brother is better off, though; he`s so Aryan-looking he could be a poster boy for the Hitlerjugend.

Even though I`m Slavic with neither blond hair nor blue eyes, I`m probably safe because I`m Croatian and there were seven people with the same surname as me that served on the Eastern Front, not to mention both of my great-grandfathers were "drafted" for work in German factories. Plus my family has a long history of serving the Hapsburgs in war, so that might count for something. My little brother is better off, though; he`s so Aryan-looking he could be a poster boy for the Hitlerjugend.
Not a problem, you were considered Gothic and Hitler heaped praises upon them. Unlike with most of the rest of the Balkans.

Hmm, while my family was fairly typical of the post-Habsburg urban elite at the time (a mix of slavic, hungarian and german blood, predominantly german in culture and language), two of my grandparents were partisans, which isn't good odds for my birth. On the other side, my great-grandmother was czech and in a concentration camp (her son, my grandfather, was deemed ... germanizeable, which means he wasn't in one and would've survived the war either way).

Provided my granparents don't get executed for being partisans (and my grandfather doesn't get caught for conspiring with several officers for smuggling people out of concentration camps), a pretty big if, I might get born. Of course, the circumstances are wildly different and the chances of my parents even meeting are low at best, since their birth was dictated a great deal by post-war events.

Assuming it all works out, I'd probably wind up a germanized urban intellectual, a lawyer or public servant as was family tradition. Possibly a dissident as a result of ancestor involvement in the resistance movements. I'm not particularly Aryan-looking (brown hair, eyes and of fairly average height), but I don't have any traits that would immediately disqualify me from living so ... I get a pass, I guess.

Well I'm of Mexican descent so I'm probably screwed even though I've never read any thing on the Nazi's view on Mexicans I'm sure it can't be good. :( :mad: