ATL offshore tax havens

What it says on the tin. What would be plausible and safe locations for the world's billionaires, spies, drug lords, and mafia bosses to store their wealth under the eyes of suave, professional, secrecy-sworn, and well-educated bankers?

The Åland Islands made into an independent nation or an international territory through some sort of an alt-LoN decision after WWI. A major destination for Russian emigrants fleeing revolution and Civil War.

Nah, only 61. The last guy works at the airport and the harbour as the customs manager and taxi driver. He's thinking about opening a miniput course too.

Haha. Needless to say my Pitcairn suggestion was not serious. ust as well I didn't say Rockall.... The limpets would be coining it:D

The Principality of Sealand seems like a fun option. :D They already have their own coins and stamps, so why not? :p There were rumours about moving the Wikileaks-servers there, and they even formed their own national football team recently. So an off-shore bank isn't out of the question. ;)

mowque

Banned
In my TL, some small Arab Emirate will probably do this.

Also, Hong Kong or one of the China 'lease' places. Both of those have...complicated ownership.

Heligoland, if the Sansibar-swap is averted and the island remains British until the present day. Could become some sort of additional Channel Island.

Cook

Banned
Heligoland, if the Sansibar-swap is averted and the island remains British until the present day. Could become some sort of additional Channel Island.
I just had the mental image of The Goodies in a row boat trying to tow Heligoland down the English Channel.
:)

I just had the mental image of The Goodies in a row boat trying to tow Heligoland down the English Channel.
:)

This being part of their scheme to prevent the vital Heligolandese Herring supplies from falling into the hands of the enemy during a time travelling incident in WWII.:p

Wait. That actually sounds like it would make a good episode. Someone phone Bill Oddie!

The Duchy of Norfolk has long served as the home of bankers for the assembled *cough* worthies of the Tongan Empire, the Gujarati Republic of Fiji, the Associated States of Maoriland, and Greater New South Wales. Strangely the Prussian-Austrian Condominium of Papua seems to prefer the dubious delights of Brunei.

I'll tell you what, if I see one more fancy car with coat of arms with a Norfolk Pine on it barrelling down through my local high street I'll scream.