African slaver empire

In the TL I'm doing I've had Arab slavers from the Sudan and Zanzibar establish their own "commercial" empire in what is now southern Chad, the Central African Republic, north-eastern Congo/Kinshasa, and south-western Sudan. This is taking place in the late 19th century as a reaction to European efforts to end slavery (the POD is in 1862). I've had plenty of instances in OTL to be influenced by, although on a smaller scale (the Sudanese Zubayr Pasha, the Zanzibari Tippu Tip).

So, any thoughts on the plausibility and workings of such a state? And how do I name it (someone with a knowledge of Arabic would be helpful here)?

The Moroccans seized control of the Empire of Songhay at some point. They established a regime called the Arma and ultimately ended up assimilating due to intermarriage and setting down roots in the area.

An Arab colonial regime might suffer the same fate. Perhaps the Arabs take a page from the European colonial powers and try to establish a "color line"--the children they have with black women (slave or free) cannot inherit or something to that effect--in order to avoid the Arma's fate.

In the TL I'm doing I've had Arab slavers from the Sudan and Zanzibar establish their own "commercial" empire in what is now southern Chad, the Central African Republic, north-eastern Congo/Kinshasa, and south-western Sudan. This is taking place in the late 19th century as a reaction to European efforts to end slavery (the POD is in 1862). I've had plenty of instances in OTL to be influenced by, although on a smaller scale (the Sudanese Zubayr Pasha, the Zanzibari Tippu Tip).

So, any thoughts on the plausibility and workings of such a state? And how do I name it (someone with a knowledge of Arabic would be helpful here)?
This happened OTL. It wouldn't be a state, just personal realms of the warlords/ traders.