My Philippines Alternatehistory Idea

I am thinking of a Philippines with an unconquerable North(North of Pasig River) and an unconquerable South but Central Philippines is still colonized, I think this scenario is possible because Cordillera, Mindoro, Sulu and Maguindanao were not colonized till the Americans came. I am thinking also of Southern Luzon being colonized but later on the regime on Northern Luzon would conquer it and I am also thinking of Sulu being a Superpower from a regional trading power that it was in OTL.

My POD would be year 1300.:D

Seeing that in many TL's here it is screwed, actually, I already have an outline for this scenario.

Last edited:
In this case why not have Mindanao captured by the Ottoman Empire instead? As the vassal of Aceh or Malacca though.

I think a Majapahit Vassal might not be bad, I think a Superpower Sulu since it has Zamboanga might stop any attempts of Aceh or Malacca to invade Mindanao.

I wondered recently and poundered making a thread who ask this question(s) (and others) - who would have taken Philipines if not Spain? Portugal? Dutches? Britishes? Or even more far out maybe, if no european powers did... Malay king with perhaps help of the Mindao muslims? Japanese or chinese adventurers carving a kingdom?

How about either a surviving Majapahit Kingdom or Malacca Sultanate? They could have been good candidates to colonize at least parts of the Philippines. I tried to make a thread on a Mongol presence in the Philippines but fell apart on that one.

How about either a surviving Majapahit Kingdom or Malacca Sultanate? They could have been good candidates to colonize at least parts of the Philippines. I tried to make a thread on a Mongol presence in the Philippines but fell apart on that one.
A surviving Majapahit would be cool..
I wondered recently and poundered making a thread who ask this question(s) (and others) - who would have taken Philipines if not Spain? Portugal? Dutches? Britishes? Or even more far out maybe, if no european powers did... Malay king with perhaps help of the Mindao muslims? Japanese or chinese adventurers carving a kingdom?

If the Spanish did not invade the Philippines, the Northern Philippines would remain under Bruneian control or Vassalage, since it only took a traitor member of the Bolkiah family(Lakandula) to ruin the Bruneian Empire but the Bruneians could get lucky if Lakandula is killed earlier.

Another is that Sulu is the next target of Brunei to annex. In my scenario Brunei does not rise as a power.

Last edited:
If the Spanish did not invade the Philippines, the Northern Philippines would remain under Bruneian control or Vassalage, since it only took a traitor member of the Bolkiah family(Lakandula) to ruin the Bruneian Empire.

Another is that Sulu is the next target of Brunei to annex, actually in my scenario Brunei does not rise as a power.

Didn't know this - I thought the non muslim parts where self-ruling more or less.

I am thinking of a Philippines with an unconquerable North(North of Pasig River) and an unconquerable South but Central Philippines is still colonized, I think this scenario is possible because Cordillera, Mindoro, Sulu and Maguindanao were not colonized till the Americans came. I am thinking also of Southern Luzon being colonized but later on the regime on Northern Luzon would conquer it and I am also thinking of Sulu being a Superpower from a regional trading power that it was in OTL.

My POD would be year 1300.:D

Seeing that in many TL's here it is screwed, actually, I already have an outline for this scenario.

I hope you go through with this, as it would be the first TL about Philippines that I've seen on this site...

alternate_linguistic_map_of_the_philippines_by_kasumigenx-d59lyfj.png

In the Kingdom of Selurong, the Dominant Language is Selurongese, which is a merger of North Cordilleran/North Eastern Luzon, Central Luzon and Sambalic languages, while the two other major languages there are Samtoy(OTL Ilocano) and Pangasinense.
In Filipinas the two major languages are Kumintang and Visayan while the official language is Spanish.
In Sulu, the Official language is Tausug
In Mindanao, the official language is Maranao
This is basically what I am thinking off.

Those borders look oddly familiar. Waaaaaiiiiiiiit a minute...

Are you trying to re-create Game of Thrones in an Alt Hist Philippines?*

*For the record, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that

In fact I am also thinking to put in my TL that the King in the Northern Kingdom would want to conquer Taiwan for a brief time before losing it but retaining some islands near taiwan.