Question on Nazi-Japan Cold War Sphere of Influence

If OTL Cold War is easy with distinct difference between US' capitalism and USSR's communism, but if the Third Reich and Imperial Japan gone into a similar "silent conflict" period, how would they do it?

How can we know that this country alligned with Europe and the others to Japan? I mean, what the distinction between the two's ideologies?

Thanks in advance!

I think the only real differences were the ethnic and racial specifics of each side, and the mysticism that was associated with each's ideology.

How would such a thing come into being in the first place? It requires the defeat of both the US and USSR, which I think has been fairly decisively shown to be either ASB or requiring so contrived a series of events as to be equivalent... :p

Bruce

They're too far away for a cold war to really take place, no real friction points between them, and they will need to stay friendly for self defense

Even if for some reason Nazi Germany and Japan somehow aren't on the losing of a WW2, how would they reach each other and what motivations would they have to even to have a cold war. Then again, this is the Nazi's we are talking about.

Even if for some reason Nazi Germany and Japan somehow aren't on the losing of a WW2, how would they reach each other and what motivations would they have to even to have a cold war. Then again, this is the Nazi's we are talking about.
I imagine after victory, Nazi Germany/Imperial Japan would begin a huge military build up to fix the power projection problem, then they will begin to clash.

I still see an east/west divide as Japans (stated) goal was to kick all western influence out of Asia, while Germany will be looking to replace the UK as the dominant colonial power;
that is a great place for conflict to start.

I imagine that Europe,North America would be German sphere, while the Asia goes to Japan.
South America, Africa, and the Middle East is where i see proxy wars taking place as both are relatively close enough to be pressure points and both countries will want the resources of those continents

Wolfpaw

Banned
A Nazi-Japanese cold war would be over race, not ideology. The Nazis--in an international context--are White imperialist overlords who will cheerfully enslave and murder all non-Aryans.

Japan will continue (as it did IOTL) to portray itself as the "Defender of the Colored Races" against White imperialism. The Greater East Asia Co Prosperity Sphere will seem like a goddamn paradise compared to the Nazis' empire-sized abattoir.

Here was the rough idea of "sphere of influence" division that the Nazis proposed:
800px-German_and_Japanese_spheres_of_influence_at_greatest_extent_World_War_II_1942.jpg

Why Would Nazi Germany want to be a colonial power and destroy the British, if Hitler just wanted the British out of his hair. The only "colony" the Nazis would want is Eastern Europe, any thing else would probably be ruled by their allies. Even if we do assume that the Nazi's want more colonies I don't think they would going for the "prestige" colonies in Africa and Asia, just more land for living space.

Wolfpaw

Banned
I actually foresee Japan funneling what arms it can into Africa and the Middle East, thereby becoming the foremost anti-colonialist power.

I imagine after victory, Nazi Germany/Imperial Japan would begin a huge military build up to fix the power projection problem, then they will begin to clash.

I still see an east/west divide as Japans (stated) goal was to kick all western influence out of Asia, while Germany will be looking to replace the UK as the dominant colonial power;
that is a great place for conflict to start.

I imagine that Europe,North America would be German sphere, while the Asia goes to Japan.
South America, Africa, and the Middle East is where i see proxy wars taking place as both are relatively close enough to be pressure points and both countries will want the resources of those continents

So the ASBs have stolen away the USA... (damn, I need an icon for "roll eyes harder")

Bruce

A Nazi-Japanese cold war would be over race, not ideology. The Nazis--in an international context--are White imperialist overlords who will cheerfully enslave and murder all non-Aryans.

Japan will continue (as it did IOTL) to portray itself as the "Defender of the Colored Races" against White imperialism. The Greater East Asia Co Prosperity Sphere will seem like a goddamn paradise compared to the Nazis' empire-sized abattoir.

Here was the rough idea of "sphere of influence" division that the Nazis proposed:
800px-German_and_Japanese_spheres_of_influence_at_greatest_extent_World_War_II_1942.jpg

You know the world is fucked, if Imperial Japan is (relatively speaking) a beacon of hope & freedom.:(

Still even within the ASB context of the Nazis defeating the Soviets & Japan avoiding defeat by the US. Wouldn't this be a three-way Cold War?

After all the USA wont just passively allow Nazi-Nippon domination. Even if the US spent a few in retrenchment & it's ''backyard'' in the Western Hemisphere. It'll be still be drastically more powerful than Japan, never mind the rotting hulk of Nazi Europa.

Wolfpaw

Banned
In other words, NASTIER than regular colonization. Look up the death rates in Japanese Indonesia one of these days.
I'm not disputing any of that. I'm just noting the irony is that Imperial Japan (with its gaggle of puppet states) will probably be the foremost great power supporting anti-colonialism.

For a vision of a Nazi-japanese Cold War see "The Man in the High Castle". Written quite some time ago it is what we call these days "ASB" in that the the scenario is that the Axis won WW2, and the world is split between Germany & Japan with some minor players like Italy etc.

So the Japanese would be smuggling arms to Nazi/Italian Africa and Russia to spark anti-Western rebellions.

But how about the Germans? Would they do the same?
Maybe an irony that they support Ho Chi Minh and the Asian communist movement to destabilize the Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere?

What would happen when Hitler kicks the bucket? His doctor was a quack, and stress has to play a factor somewhere, would Nazi Germany be dragged down into in fighting between various factions.

So the ASBs have stolen away the USA... (damn, I need an icon for "roll eyes harder")

Bruce
i'm assuming a Japanese victory, otherwise this question would be pointless;
how about instead of everytime you can't think of a way to make something happen, you try and find a way instead of just saying ASB