Stronger Ethiopia which is ally of the CP

Make a POD with a stronger Ethiopia comparable or strong enough to participate in WWI and helps the CP. Maybe the CP promise Ethiopia protection from colonization and help with their infrastructure and promise them italian colonies ?

Make a POD with a stronger Ethiopia comparable or strong enough to participate in WWI and helps the CP. Maybe the CP promise Ethiopia protection and promise them italian colonies ?
Not really, Ethiopia was pretty much a feudal/ tribal mix, not really a centralized country at all. And Iyasu V was getting cosy with the Central Powers (but even though he was stupid, he wasn't stupid enough to commit himself to either side), but that was why the Entente gladly supported the Zauditu- Ras Tafari- Fitawari Hapte Giorgis triumvirate when they overthrew Iyasu and his father.

so it would not be possible ? waht if ethiopia tries to become more centralized ? Maybe they wont join in WWI, but i would like to see Ethiopia as member of the central power in WWII perhaps or generally a stronger ethiopia which acts as superpower in Africa and is stronger than OTL Ethiopia was.

so it would not be possible ? waht if ethiopia tries to become more centralized ? Maybe they wont join in WWI, but i would like to see Ethiopia as member of the central power in WWII perhaps or generally a stronger ethiopia which acts as superpower in Africa and is stronger than OTL Ethiopia was.
They tried all the time, but it wasn't really working that well. There were powerful Rases from landowner families that pretty much had monopolized power in their parts of the empire (a remnant from the age pf princes), the southern recently conquered lands were ruled by adventurers and robber barons, and of course Ethiopia is multi-ethnic and multi-religious. There was no trust between the different ethnic groups.

The main conflicts were
1) Shewan Amhara nobility vs. Tigrean and Amharan nobility from other provinces
2) Amharas and Tigreans vs. the Oromo (especially the Wollo Oromo)
3) Reformers (Ras Tafari and his allies) vs. Reactionaries (Zauditu, Hapte Giorgis, Ras Gugsa, Ras Hailu etc.)
4) Sub-states vs. crown (Sultanate of Jima, Sheikhdom of Bela Shangul...)

And then we of course have the whole slavery issue, as well as the gabbar system...
All in all, Ethiopia was built on such structures that completely made sense in a feudal/ tribal environment. A network of loyalties and betrayals between princes, sub kings, nobles and chieftains.
(There were not a year when there wasn't a small rebellion somewhere, and some times there were quite big ones.)

this is not so good then, however in my timeline ethiopia wont get annexed by italy, so it remains independent. World War II starts in 1942 in my timeline and ends in 1946. How strong could Ethiopia be in the late 50s, the time when Germany faces the colonial war.

this is not so good then, however in my timeline ethiopia wont get annexed by italy, so it remains independent. World War II starts in 1942 in my timeline and ends in 1946. How strong could Ethiopia be in the late 50s, the time when Germany faces the colonial war.
The Italian invasion actually did wonders in breaking old elites and turning the social system upside down. The restored Empire was much more centralized than the pre- invasion empire. Still it had it issues. Ethnic conflicts, and the emerging conflict of land ownership (that gave rise for Soviet backed communism).

How about ethiopia becoming a german satellite state, the germans might try to modernize ethiopia, maybe so they have another ally in Africa.

How about ethiopia becoming a german satellite state, the germans might try to modernize ethiopia, maybe so they have another ally in Africa.
1. How would Ethiopia become a German satellite, it's basically surrounded by the Entente (and the British would never agree to Germans at Lake Tana).
2. Modernising will be hard, it would need someone like Ras Tafari in charge, but someone who actually had enough power to enforce reforms. Also at some point land ownership would had to be addressed, and not even Tafari was willing to touch that (even if his worst enemies were nobles, so were his closest friends).