Mount & Blade

I haven't seen any threads about this wonderful game around the forum, so I decided to make my own. So, does anyone else own the game, or either of it's expandalones?

I've followed Mount and Blade, right from it's beta. I absolutely love it, it is one of my favorite games. I currently play Warband (plus a billion mods, my current one being Prophesy of Pendor).

I own them and enjoy them on occasion (M&B, Warband and WFAS), though haven't played them in some months myself due to a few other games taking up my free time.

Has anyone else tried the Floris mod for Warband? It's pretty bloody epic, except (Or, in some cases, especially) when it bugs out. For instance, I once went to the top of a hill to see if anything was up there. At first I thought the top was covered with sand, then I realised I was no where near the Sarranid lands. I soon realized that it was a face, who's expression changed every time I moved. Pretty creepy. The benefits outweigh the risks for that mod, however, unless you have a horrible computer. I recommend ya'll look it up.

I can't remember who, but someone from Paradox I think is working on a total conversion mod for Mount and Blade, taking the series gameplay to the seas! (C'mon, the whole concept of managing your party totally works on a boat).

I can't remember who, but someone from Paradox I think is working on a total conversion mod for Mount and Blade, taking the series gameplay to the seas! (C'mon, the whole concept of managing your party totally works on a boat).

Quite a few mods have that feature! On the note of Floris, I do have it installed by the Empire Of Pendor stretches from sea to bloody sea, so I've gotten a tad bored of Caldaria. I'm also playing through ASOFAI mod, but the map is fucking massive!

I've been listening to all of the songs in Floris' music folder. They are all pretty nice, but the one named as 'ext_travel_swadian_6' is really epic. It's got singing in one of the Steppe languages, a chorus, and several string and wind instruments, as well as bells. It's one of the very few songs which I can consent to listen to on repeat for hours without developing a headache. I wonder if I can track down the artist...

Y'know, Mount and Blade Multiplayer is pretty epic. If enough people showed interest, we could perhaps set up a server.

I haven't seen any threads about this wonderful game around the forum, so I decided to make my own. So, does anyone else own the game, or either of it's expandalones?

Really ? :confused: There have been at least 5 different threads about the game ever since I became a member of the board.

I, for one, am glad it became a sleeper hit, even if we take into account that it'll need a proper second generation to fully mature as a game. It's a perfect cavalryman and medieval melee simulator, but the RPG and management aspects still need work, even after the Warband reboot. They feel a bit tacked on. And the vanilla presentation itself could use a bit more effort too. Often, M&B reminds me of a game that was created just to be a modding platform, and little else. :(

Personally speaking, I'm currently working on (well, slowly returning to working on) a medieval mod about the Hungarian civil war of the early 14th century and another mod about the eastern front of WWI (Austro-Hungarians, Russians and some Germans here and there, you get the idea...). If you have any 3D modelling and texturing skills, you can help me out. :D I want to make a new model for a Steyr-Männlicher rifle (I only have the borrowed ones for now).

Have you seen the LOTR mod ? It's... astounding. :cool:

plus a billion mods, my current one being Prophesy of Pendor

You too ? :D I like it, it has personality. And the villain factions are pretty hilarious, though creepy. :D

Last edited:
I'll get round to installing it at some point, as I have it downloaded.

I'm in the same sitch.

BTW, for the multiplayer crowd: Sorry guys, but I haven't bought Warband yet, so I'll have to give multiplayer matches a pass until I do so.

It's a good game. Though With Fire & Sword looked like such arse I never boughtit.

It's much better then M&B, and slightly worse then Warband. It is pretty fun, what with the guns and the fact that it's in the real world. I'm sure there are plenty of mods which do it better, though.

Also, at your doing Multi, that makes three. Who has the best computer? I'm not positive, but I assume hosting must put some strain on your computer.

@Petike

It's worth getting Warband, even without the MP. The Sarranids are pretty fun, and a lot of mods are only for Warband.

stefanbl

Banned
I'm about 99% certain I have the better computer.

Though I very much doubt I could be arsed to work out how to host.

I'm about 99% certain I have the better computer.

Though I very much doubt I could be arsed to work out how to host.

I don't think it's nearly as hard as, say, hosting Minecraft. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: Seemingly, all you have to do is press a button on the multiplayer page with the word Host printed on it, and select settings. No extra programs or configuring ports or any nonsense. Make sure to set a password to keep out randoms, though.

Question now is whether to use Vanilla or a mod.

Last edited:
Anyone tried the 1866: A Mount and Blade Western or the Russian Civil War mods ? They're very cool, with lots of great gunplay (though the RCW mod was still a work in progress when I last played it, with lots of the vanilla sets still present here and there; but they were working on functioning tachankas and adding advanced management features). The Eagle and the Radiant Cross is a nice mod set in late medieval and renaissance Calradia and besides a few new cool factions, it includes lots of various old firearms (mostly matchlocks and wheellocks, both in pistol and rifle form). Then there's the Eighty Years War mod, which also has some matchlocks and wheellocks of Dutch, German and Spanish origin. And there is also an open source pack of 15th-18th century firearm models that you can import into your own mods (with a bit of basic coding and the use of model-viewing tools). AFAIK, the Warband port of the western mod has full multiplayer support and seems to be pretty popular for matches. And if you want to try a modern gunplay and modern military tactics mod, Will Berne's total conversion WWII China Battlefield is still unrivaled in this regard.

stefanbl

Banned
Playing the Lords of the Rings mod, and is it WAD that I can't get any volunteers near the beginning?