AH Challenge: Ruin the Lord of the Rings movies

After reading rumours about a potential romance between the dwarf Kili and a made elf character played by the actress from Lost, I started wondering. Peter Jackson took some liberties with the source material from Lord of the Rings and made some dubious changes, like elves at Helms deep, Faramir's detour to Osgliath or the army of the death at Pelenor's field. So how much could Peter Jackson have changed and completely ruin the story?

For example:
Replace Legolas role in the fellowship with Arwen
Turn Merry and Sam's character in female characters to create some kind of romance with them and Pippin and Frodo
Turn Boromir into a standard villain (who was already working for Sauron/Saruman)
Remove Celeborn and create some sexual tension between Galadriel and Gandalf
etc.

Orry

Donor
Monthly Donor
You assume he did not already ruin it - especially the third film......

mowque

Banned
The fight itself or the manner in which it was done?

Let's go through it.

Book-

Merry and Pippin show up.

They act as a catalyst (in an already excited Fangorn) to cause the Ents to question Saurman.

Treebeard, already agitated, convinces the other Ents to march to war. Entmoot agrees to invade Isenguard.

Movie-

Hobbits show up.

They act as a catalyst (in an already excited Fangorn) to cause the Ents to question Saurman.

Entmoot votes to NOT go to war With Saurman (Treebeard is surprisingly ok with this, but whatever).

Treeebeard takes Hobbits home.

See destruction near Isenguard (That he must have seen dozens of times. I mean, he LIVES there).

He roars in outrage.

All ents appear suddenly and magically

Invade despite agreeing NOT AT LENGTH.

What the ?

Let's go through it.

Book-

Merry and Pippin show up.

Treebeard, already agitated, convinces the other Ents to march to war. Entmoot agrees to invade Isenguard.

Movie-

Hobbits show up.

Entmoot votes to NOT go to war With Saurman (Treebeard is surprisingly ok with this, but whatever).

Treeebeard takes Hobbits home.

See destruction near Isenguard (That he must have seen dozens of times. I mean, he LIVES there).

He roars in outrage.

All ents appear suddenly and magically

Invade despite agreeing NOT AT LENGTH.

What the ?

The destruction was a Casus Beli.

mowque

Banned
The destruction was a Casus Beli.

...So the Ents, which live and guard the forest had no idea that thousands of trees had been removed? Plus, so all the Entmoot stuff was pointless since Treebeard could just roar and undo it all? AND they were all just sitting by the edge of the destruction waiting to be called?

Face it, it makes no sense.

...So the Ents, which live and guard the forest had no idea that thousands of trees had been removed? Plus, so all the Entmoot stuff was pointless since Treebeard could just roar and undo it all? AND they were all just sitting by the edge of the destruction waiting to be called?

Face it, it makes no sense.

They had said many times that they were lacking in ents. You could argue that the ents had been dealing with issues in other areas and hadn't gotten to that patch yet. And Treebeard's roar could have actually been a highly elequant speach in Entish. Then they ran very quickly.

mowque

Banned
They had said many times that they were lacking in ents. You could argue that the ents had been dealing with issues in other areas and hadn't gotten to that patch yet. And Treebeard's roar could have actually been a highly elequant speach in Entish. Then they ran very quickly.

This post made me chuckle. Thank you, I was taking it way too seriously for a moment there.

:cool: