American Revolution: What if There was a Longer War?

American Revolution: What if the Treaty of Paris Failed?

A What If? With a POD during the signing of the Treaty of Paris. In this ATL, King George III of Great Britain personally comes to Paris to oversee the signing of the Treaty of Paris, thus ending the Revolutionary War and officially granting the United States of America independence from the UK. King George also requests that American General George Washington come down as well. However, the evil king has a trick up his sleeve-literally. When the two leaders are supposed to shake hands, King George pulls out a knife and stabs General Washington multiple times, killing him. The French soldiers acting as security officers draw their guns and shoot and kill the British monarch. After this, the world will never be the same again.

Last edited:
A What If? With a POD during the signing of the Treaty of Paris. In this ATL, King George III of Great Britain personally comes to Paris to oversee the signing of the Treaty of Paris, thus ending the Revolutionary War and officially granting the United States of America independence from the UK. King George also requests that American General George Washington come down as well. However, the evil king has a trick up his sleeve-literally. When the two leaders are supposed to shake hands, King George pulls out a knife and stabs General Washington multiple times, killing him. The French soldiers acting as security officers draw their guns and shoot and kill the British monarch. After this, the world will never be the same again.

What.

What is this I don't even.

I'm new to creating alternate histories, so if you have any constructive criticism on how I can improve this, feel free to let me know.

History has proven that he wasn't very bright, but the real reason is that I needed something to fuel what I have in mind.

That might have worked, except that George II gets shot immediately by the French soldiers. But still, I might change that.

My point was that somebody else kills Washington and it looks like George III did it. Maybe some kind of poisoned dart when they shake hands?

mowque

Banned
If you are trying for a longer war, you are coming too late to the party. Even a outlandish event like this probably wouldn't restart the war.

ASB, or alien space bats, is the forum for a type of AHs called ASBs. ASBs are AHs that are so implausible, that they cannot cappen, such as EArth getting invaded by the Galactic Empire. This is concidered an ASB because of the lack of reason for George III to do this.

mowque

Banned
ASB, or alien space bats, is the forum for a type of AHs called ASBs. ASBs are AHs that are so implausible, that they cannot cappen, such as EArth getting invaded by the Galactic Empire. This is concidered an ASB because of the lack of reason for George III to do this.

Which is weird because the King does not need magic to stab anyone. ASB is a term over-used to the point of losing meaning.

Delta Force

Banned
I think the larger issue would be French soldiers killing a British monarch in Paris, not the king killing General Washington. The UK would be too busy fighting a war with France for killing their king to bother to fight another war and would probably just send someone else to make peace with the Americans. If Washington dies in 1783 he is just a general, it would make the US angry with the UK would not be as significant as killing President Washington.

Anaxagoras

Banned

No. Just no. No, no, no, no, no. And again, no.

The King of Great Britain would never have personally overseen such negotiations. He has a government to do that for him. He certainly would never have come to Paris. There is no reason for George Washington to have any role in the treaty negotiations, either. He was a general, not a diplomat.

No offense, but this suggestion is just plain silly.