Alternate Austria coat of arms

I would need a new austria coat of arms for my timeline.
The flag is red-white-red, but i wonder what CoA i could use, i don't want the double headed eagle, since this is already the symbol of the whole danube federation, nor do i want to use the Bindenschild, since the flag is already red-white-red. i need a symbol which represents the german speaking people of the Danube federation.

I thought of a dragon like the Lindworm, since the lindworm/Tatzelwurm is a mythological creature which appears in several austrian folklores. but then again, a dragon is not not really typical austrian.... even though a lindworm would look awsome on a austrian flag :D
does anyone know historic symbols (if possible a animal or a heraldic beast) of austria or what could represent Austria ?

According to one book I have, the arms of Lower Austria are "sometimes styled Austria Ancient. They have been overshadowed by the white bar on red of Austria Modern."

The arms are attractive, historically valid, and made of heraldic beasts.

I don't know your timeline, so I don't know if the mural crown is appropriate, but this is the shield in modern, OTL Austria.

Wappen_Niederoesterreich.png

Last edited: