What if Greece had joined WWI day ONE?

Hello,i am new to this forum,and i find it super exciting...So i would like to know your opinion on what would have happened if Greece had joined WWI day ONE,by declaring war against Bulgaria and the Ottoman empire..Would Greece have been treated even better than Serves Treaty,and given full control of the Marmara Straits,and ultimately Constantinople???

That would belong to Post-1900 and welcome to the forum.

I wouldnt recommend asking such questions though, the post-revolution-Greece bashing is an M.O. here.

You are right i am gonna open it again in after 1900..Can someone close or even better transfer this thread plzzzzzzz???I dont even know why i opened it here :p :p

Hello,i am new to this forum,and i find it super exciting...So i would like to know your opinion on what would have happened if Greece had joined WWI day ONE,by declaring war against Bulgaria and the Ottoman empire..Would Greece have been treated even better than Serves Treaty,and given full control of the Marmara Straits,and ultimately Constantinople???

But Bulgaria and the Ottoman Empire weren't belligerents on day one...

Precisely from day one is unlikely.

But if one neutralizes King Constantine I earlier, I believe the British offered Cyprus as incitement to join so they missed that opportunity for a well rewarded early entry.
As for Constantinople, no one was willing to give such a great prize to Greece. They preferred to keep the Straits in international hands.

wellcome aboard Eugenia,wrong post to be sure but here is my answer:
For Greece to enter the war on day one,certain events should take place:eek:verthrowing or assassinating king Constantine(both events wellcome) as Germanophile and married to Wilhelm's sister,declaration of war against the central powers,coordination with the allies,probably very strong defence of Nestos front and an immediate invitation to the allies to dispatch units for the support of that front and a dispatch of a corps plus to protect the Serbian Bulgarian border(after deliberations with the Serbian government) for which the Serbs would have been grateful.
So when Greece entered the war,an immediate occupation of Northern Epirus would be effected Greece would await for events:winkytongue:robably an early Greek entry to the war and the arrival of allied units in Macedonia would have given Bulgaria a pause.
Please remember that Bulgaria and Turkey had not entered the war at that point.Greece would have a different treatment then because when the operation against Gallipoli was decided(1915) the allies offered Greece Eastern Thrace with Constantinople plus Imbros and Tenedos along with Gallipoli peninsula if the greek army participated with one corps of 30000 men in the operation.
Look Venizelos's private papers(Library of Grek Parliament) on the matter.

The presence of Greece on the war earlier can butterfly Italy from the war as A-H can be more pressured on give in italian request and German pressure so to mantain neutrality in favor of the CP, plus Athens try to get inroad on Albania can result on friction with Rome (as part of south Albania is occupied by Italy)

The presence of Greece on the war earlier can butterfly Italy from the war as A-H can be more pressured on give in italian request and German pressure so to mantain neutrality in favor of the CP, plus Athens try to get inroad on Albania can result on friction with Rome (as part of south Albania is occupied by Italy)

The Greeks already had what they wanted in Albania in the form of the de facto independent Autonomous Republic of Northern Epirus which they had come to an agreement with Italy over.

Esopo

Banned

Austria giving us what we wanted is asb.

The Greeks already had what they wanted in Albania in the form of the de facto independent Autonomous Republic of Northern Epirus which they had come to an agreement with Italy over.
Correct,which was confirmed by the treaty of Corcyra(Corfu) in 1916.

Austria giving us what we wanted is asb.

What we want yes, but agree earlier at Trentino, Albania and some border rectification really no, expecially if the military situation is worse. This can give Giolitti enough to bypass the King and the other interventionist and make Italy stay out of the war

Correct,which was confirmed by the treaty of Corcyra(Corfu) in 1916.

Still it was not really all roses and flowers, even after the war there were problem in Turkey and Albania between Italy and Greece; plus this time the situation is between a member of the Entente and a neutral leaning with the CP (in the sense we are gonna sell what we can making the entente not really happy) diplomatically things are gonna be a little more rough