Pick your favourite Sicilian flag

Votes: 8 21.6%

Votes: 18 48.6%

Votes: 6 16.2%

Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is your favourite flag from the history of the United Sicilian Republic*?

* state that covers Sicily, Sardinia, and Northern Tunisia
1 The United Kingdom of Sicily said:
The white represents Sardinia, the green the generally Muslim population of North Tunisia. Although they have been bitter enemies in the past, the flag depicts Sicily (yellow, Sicilian Triskelion) drawing the two from separate entities to one nation, working in harmony, whilst also asserting Sicily as the leader of the kingdom, as their segment is the only one touching the hoist.

Untitled-6.png

2 The United Sicilian Republic said:
The flag of the United Sicilian Republic upon the ascension of "Capo" Lupo Pastore to power. The triskelion represents Sicily, and each arm of the triskelion represents one of the three main parts of the USR: Sicilia, Sardegna and Cathago. The red and gold stripes represent the country's Aragonese history. The colours red, gold and white are the colours of the flags of its constituents, and the blue represents the Mediterranean across which the country is located.
attachment.php

3 The Popular Progressive Party of Sicily said:
The Banner of the Popular Progressive Party.
This (fascistic) party rose to power under King John-Peter III.
It was their role in the 2nd European War that caused the loss of most of Sicilian Africa and the abdication of the King that lead to the 1937 Bloodless Revolution and formation of the United Sicilian Republic from the United Kingdom(s) of Sicily, Sardinia, & Carthaginia
attachment.php

4 The Federation of Sicily-Sardinia said:
The United Republic of Sicily came into being as a very short lived American puppet government set up during their conquest of the fascist Kingdom of Italy in 1943. As combined Anglo-American forces began to push for the conquest of Sicily and Sardinia the Americans set up an Allied-friendly government primarily made-up of Italians living in the French protectorate of Tunisia, as well as a few defectors, notably from Lybia. The port town of La Goletta in northern Tunisia became the temporary capital for the country, after the conquest of Sicily Palermo became the new capital. The URS quickly established their control over the two islands after their conquest.

In 1946 La Goletta, the Sicilian foothold on the African continent, was returned to France, ending the "Third Sicily". In 1948 The United Republic of Sicily underwent a constitutional crisis and re-emerged as the Federation of Sicily-Sardinia and declared itself a neutral nation (with a new flag) in contrast to the NATO-alligned Italy and the previous NATO-alligned government, ending the short history of the United Sicilian Republic.

The flag is a horizontal tricolour in red, black and white. The central, black stripe is defaced with three white five-fointed stars. The colours are taken from the flag of Sardinia, the Four Moors Flag. Furthermore the three colours stand for the "three Sicilies": Sicily (red), Sardinia (white) and Tunisia (black). The three stars also represent this structure, but are also a callback to the classic Sicilian symbol of the Triskelion, which was rejected by the flag comission for being too Sicily-centric.
attachment.php

5 United Social Republics of Greater Sicily said:
United Social Republics of Greater Sicily

gtrsicily.jpg

I like the design of the 2nd one the most, but I don't like the colors together. I like the 3rd one a lot, but I like flags with regular flag proportion. Not big on the 3 leg designs, the 4th one is nice (especially the colors) but less of a standout than the rest. The fifth one is okay, but I don't really like busy symbols like those.

I think I'm going to go with #3.