How bad war gone when USA fighting Japan

Jason222

Banned
Let say rather everything go USA favor almost in World War 2 when came fighting Japan everything want in Japan favor that could come luck. How bad could war gone for USA.

Jason222

Banned
OTL things went insanely well for the Japanese.
I could thinks ways World War II could want lot better Japanese first they broke all the US codes. Second they sink all USA aircraft Aircraft carriers. Last but not least USA did break Japan codes.

Japan did about as well as was phisically possible. They fulfilled their campaign plan and got to the point of 'Now what?'. According to their starting assumption, Allies should have sued for peace. They did not. After that, combination of two things happened - victory disease as Japanese convinced themselves they could do absolutely anything they wanted and they went further than their logistics allowed. Furthermore and this was totally known to Japan US industrial potential kicked in and US swamped PTO with carriers, airplanes and ships.

They could, perhaps won at either Midway or Coral sea. But winning either or both does absolutely nothing for Japanese. In 1945 US still outproduces them and US fleet outnumbers Japanese multiple fold. And they still lose in 1945, once the bomb is there and Germany throws the towel.

Japan did about as well as was phisically possible. They fulfilled their campaign plan and got to the point of 'Now what?'. According to their starting assumption, Allies should have sued for peace. They did not. After that, combination of two things happened - victory disease as Japanese convinced themselves they could do absolutely anything they wanted and they went further than their logistics allowed. Furthermore and this was totally known to Japan US industrial potential kicked in and US swamped PTO with carriers, airplanes and ships.

They could, perhaps won at either Midway or Coral sea. But winning either or both does absolutely nothing for Japanese. In 1945 US still outproduces them and US fleet outnumbers Japanese multiple fold. And they still lose in 1945, once the bomb is there and Germany throws the towel.
Yep.

The Japanese did much better and went much farther than they really should have been able to.

If it were a proposed TL rather than reality, someone would look at their progress and shout "ASB".

They were deck loading fuel drums on their carriers at Pearl and Midway.

They occupied two AMerican territories, they held the Philipinese until 1944, man frankly they did far better than any rule of believability should have called for.

Japan did as well as it could have hoped to. Better even. They took all of Southeast Asia and nearly chased the British out of the Indian Ocean. They COULD have won at Midway, of course, but that's about it, and even then, the U.S. will still have naval parity by Spring 1943 at the latest, and the Atomic bomb will still be available by 1945. The best Japan can do is lose the war in 1946 instead of 1945.

Japan did as well as it could have hoped to. Better even. They took all of Southeast Asia and nearly chased the British out of the Indian Ocean. They COULD have won at Midway, of course, but that's about it, and even then, the U.S. will still have naval parity by Spring 1943 at the latest, and the Atomic bomb will still be available by 1945. The best Japan can do is lose the war in 1946 instead of 1945.
I heard that the Japanese were also working on the nuclear bomb but because they focused on the death ray made by tesla they never completed the bomb. WI they focused everything on the bomb research rather than the death ray could they have by say 1947 produce their own atom bomb if they started research in the 1920s or 30s. Say they get lucky and somehow the US Manhatten project doesn't create the bomb till late 1946. Is it possible?

I heard that the Japanese were also working on the nuclear bomb but because they focused on the death ray made by tesla they never completed the bomb. WI they focused everything on the bomb research rather than the death ray could they have by say 1947 produce their own atom bomb if they started research in the 1920s or 30s. Say they get lucky and somehow the US Manhatten project doesn't create the bomb till late 1946. Is it possible?

I presume they then deliver it by the means of jet-stream baloons? They have not a single airplane capable of reaching any part of US territory from the Japanese controlled bases.

But.. they could threaten to nuke Australia if the Americans try nuking them.....

With which airplane, from where? The only airplane capable of carrying A bomb Japanese had on drawing board was G10. None were produced by the time Japan lost war. I presume that production of other aircraft took priority by 1943/44. I doubt Japan was capable of producing the G10 before 1950s even if left alone.

PS OMG, you seem to be serious? I hoped you were joking.

With which airplane, from where? The only airplane capable of carrying A bomb Japanese had on drawing board was G10. None were produced by the time Japan lost war. I presume that production of other aircraft took priority by 1943/44. I doubt Japan was capable of producing the G10 before 1950s even if left alone.

PS OMG, you seem to be serious? I hoped you were joking.
No im joking, I am not really serious i just thought hey why not see if this works or not just thought of it due to vaguely remembering a documentary a while back that I think was form history channel or something which said US won because Japan focused on Death ray and not A-Bomb and if they did they would win war most likely and things would have gone differently.

No im joking, I am not really serious i just thought hey why not see if this works or not just thought of it due to vaguely remembering a documentary a while back that I think was form history channel or something which said US won because Japan focused on Death ray and not A-Bomb and if they did they would win war most likely and things would have gone differently.

Nope the Japs were using the same process as the Germans, it was a dead end and they didnt have the resources or the space to hide a project.

No im joking, I am not serious i just thought hey why not see if this works or not just thought of it due to vaguely remembering a documentory a while back that . said US won because Japan focused on Death ray and not A-Bomb and if they did they would win war most likely.

Well in an infinite universe anything is possible. Japan winning the war against US in the '40s in the way it happened in OTL or closely resembling OTL without major pre-1900 POD is well, as good as impossible, that is probability of it ever happening is so low as to approach zero. We can play around with Japanese tactical successes all week, alter outcome of any battle, but strategic reality remains.

By 1945, Japan is outproduced and outnumbered by more than luck, skill and spirit on Japanese side can make up for and any amount of blunders, daftness, unimagineness and caution on US side can hinder.

"but because they focused on the death ray made by tesla"

The what?

Japan had no chance of developing an atomic bomb in WW2. Nuclear physics was not the product of a single country or person working in isolation, it wasn't possible even for the US to build an A-bomb much before when it did without a significant number of PODs across several scientific disciplines going back years.

And to get back to the first question, what Japanese death ray programme? Tesla's death ray proposal was unscientific baloney with no basis in reality. If there were a couple of Japanese physicists in the 1930s deluded enough to be working on Tesla's mad idea (Tesla did not make a death ray and no "but what if he did" POD short of changing the laws of physics would lead him to it) then that's not a research programme and redirecting that effort to nuclear research would have no effect.

"but because they focused on the death ray made by tesla"

The what?

Japan had no chance of developing an atomicbomb in WW2. Nuclear physics was not the product of a single country or person working in isolation, it wasn't possible even for the US to build an A-bomb much before when it did without a significant number of PODs across several scientific disciplines going back years.
And to get back to the first question, what
Japanese death ray programme? Tesla's death ray proposal was unscientific baloney with no basis in reality. If there were a
couple of Japanese physicists in the 1930s deluded en
ough to be working on Tesla's mad idea (Tesla did not make a death ray and no "but what if he did" POD short of changing the laws of physics would lead
him to it) then that's not a research programme and redirecting that effort to nuclear research would have no effect.

but... Then history channel documentories are sometimes wrong.....:D