De Havalind Names

after reading the FAA thread i was wondering after the
Vampire
Venom
& then the
Vixon
What next in the V stakes would
Vulcan Valiant and Victor become fighter names perhaps Valikry would be used? What do people think. I consdier the 3 V bomber name do not sound right for a fighter Valikry dose sound right :D

The Vogon? good for a destructor fleet. the Viable, the Variable, and if it was not reliable, the Vauxhall.

after reading the FAA thread i was wondering after the
Vampire
Venom
& then the
Vixon
What next in the V stakes would
Vulcan Valiant and Victor become fighter names perhaps Valikry would be used? What do people think. I consdier the 3 V bomber name do not sound right for a fighter Valikry dose sound right :D

The Vivisector.

Valkyrie - Joint project with Saab.
Velocity - '50s and later supersonic test-bed.
Vandal - Ground attacker.
Vanguard - First strike bomber and pathfinder.
Volatile - Prototype multi-role fighter.
Voyager - Maritime patroller.

Last edited:
Valkyrie - Joint project with Saab.
Velocity, Vandal, Vanguard, Viscount, Volatile, Voyager.

Nah - you need to do more than just list V words you need a short description to go with them. May not be what was originally intended but that's what the thread has morphed to. Besides Viscount was in use for the airliner.

Last edited:
The wartime De Haviland's were the Mosquito and the Hornet, the post war jets were the Vampire, Venom and Vixen. The Hornet looked very much like a single seat Mosquito while the three V jets were all closely related, the Venom being an improved Vampire and the Vixen starting life as a spin off from the Venom, at least in concept. If your AH De Haviland continues the theme of the V jets then I'd suggest Viper, but if it's a new design, and given that the Vixen probably pushed the twin tail boom road to it's limit, I would suggest just coming up with something completely new.