Senna lives !

Archibald

Banned
Senna lives

POD: that sunday afternoon in San Marino, an emotionnally exhausted Senna follow his gut feeling , and decides not to run. He never knows it, but he actually save his life

1994 Michael Shumacher
1995 Ayrton Senna
1996 Ayrton Senna
1997 Ayrton Senna
1998 Mikka Hakkinen
1999 Mika Hakkinen
2000 Michael Shumacher

(the rest according to OTL)

That ATL F1 has minimum butterflies compared to OTL, for good reasons.

It happened that I watched F1 from a decade, from 1993 to 2002, and stopped when Schumacher just killed any interest or suspense in the discipline by smashing every possible record or competitor. Neither McLaren nor Williams could stop the Ferrari war machine, and Formula One got boring very quickly as a result. I never recovered from that era !

More to come. Feedback welcome !

I like this F1 ATL. I think the '90s end up shaking out as Senna vs. Schumi rather than Schumi vs. Mika, the former matchup getting more coverage as a classic "old guard versus young upstart" type thing. Up til present day I see Senna running a team or working as a crew chief, having retired probably around 2000.

Archibald

Banned
So let's suppose Senna live. The key issues if he does not died are Damon Hill, David Coulthard and Jacques Villeneuve respective fates.

Those tree men are nothing less than F1 World Driver champions in 1996 and 1997, with Coulhard evidently Hakinen (1998 - 1999) team mate !
That should make a lot of butterflies, and that's a problem.

I have fond memories of some F1 races of that era - Monaco 1996 and Belgium 1998 were delightfully crazy - and I really want to shoehorn Senna into those ones.

So in this timeline I really want to keep butterflies to a minimum.

Senna was already 34 and maybe had 2 or 3 good years left after which he would retire>

So we see till the Senna years:

1994: Michael Schumacher
1995: Ayrton Senna
1996: Jacques Villeneuve
1997: Jacques Villeneuve

Senna retires