Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Flag #5: Yazidistan Flag

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So there is:

Flag #1: Yezidistan

ATL origin story:

-God creates 8 Angels (Meleks) from his essence to run the world.
-When he creates Man and orders the Angels/Meleks to kneel 2 refuse.
-The 1 who refused in pride, Iblis, is cast out from God's Light and cursed to "live like as man" forever.
-The 1 who refused out of faith, Tawuse, is raised above the remaining 6.

The Yezidi religion, more palatable ATL to Muslims and Christians, spreads until it is synonymous with the Kurds.
As OTL their lands are split by the Ottomans and Persians but eventually are mostly under the Ottomans.
With the breakup of the Ottoman Empire, the Kingdom of Yezidistan is created under a British Mandate and includes Mesopatamia west of the Euphrates between Edessa, Dersim, Van, Urmia, Mahabad, Kirkuk, and Mosil.

The flag is the Yezidi symbol of 7 green peacock feathers (the Angels led by Tawuse) around an 8pointed star (Creation) and a gold field (God's Light) above a red band (Man)

Flag #2: untitled

Here's my attempt. Blue is the colour of Melek Taus, the peacock angel, and the number seven comes up many times in Yazidi rituals. The shape of the flag is supposed to evoke the shape of the Kurdish flag.

Flag #3: untitled

Here's my entry. Probably too complex, but oh well.

Flag #4: untitled

Here is my entry.

The flag is black at the top becoming a midnight blue towards the bottom are represents the universe before God called forth creation (Originally the flag was pure black, but as times changed so did this flag.). The white circle represents the pearl, or cosmic egg, that was the universe before God created. The Heptad encircles it as stars: the eight pointed star is Tawûsê Melek, the green star to its left is Şêx Adî and to the right is Şêx Adî's companion Şêx Hasan, while the four stars in the front are Shamsadin, Fakhradin, Sajadin and Naserdin.

Twelve tears descend from the Tawûsê Melek star representing his extinguishing of the fires of hell as he watched the suffering and pain of mortals. The golden urns represent the three mains castes in Yazidi society after the hell fires were extinguished: the murids, sheikhs and pirs.

Flag #5: The Mirate of Yazidistan

Just for the hell of it, having 2 ideas I had being done before I had a chance to draw them, I whiped up this one with my only guiding thought being not using the bloody peacock (damn you Malak Taus for making an obscure religion with a single symbol !)
------------------------
Having suffered centuries of hardship, a yazidi visionary by the name of Faqir Al-Aziz arose with a simple message: "Nevermore". Never shall the dreadful childrens of Eve be allowed to pollute the holy land with their presence and despoil the yazidis of their rights. Gathering around him an group of faithful known as the Sons of Jar who grew to the thousand, he inspired a revolt that eventualy cleansed their area of christians and moslems and thus declaring their independance. Upon achieving power, they immediatly set about the important business of insuring purity within the country, outlawing litteracy, lettuce and the colour blue all of which can incur stoning (especialy the lettuce).

The flag: 3 green lozenges for the 3 castes (linked but separated), 5 white ones for the number of daily prayers and the red ones representing the 7 angels.

Flag #6: Yazidistan Flag

A very stylized, modern-era, flag for Yazidistan.

flagi.png

Last edited:
Bump by comment:

I'm glad the flags are put into a single image but why the odd ordering in the image?
Why not list them in order of entry?