MCXII - Map 3 - Oceania

Map Continuation XII

Map 3 - Oceania
Asia is finished. Second verse, same as the first: less colonies, more client states and puppets.

The moderators are Gandavian, ImmortalImpi and myself. We have the right to modify borders where we believe it will improve the map, and we have the right to smite the unworthy from the face of the world. Grayed out areas on the maps are other continents, and cannot be claimed. Borders should be black and one pixel thick. File must be saved as a .png. Dot not post a map until the claim above you has been posted, unless the claim specifies an area where you won't interfere.

And so,

The Shiekdom of Aceh, a client state of Brittany and their last vestige of influence outside of the European Continent.

khiAB.png

Next, after Jkarr.

Please dont remove my claim if I dont post till tommorrow.
*I would like to have western Sumatra or Eastern Sumatra, if possible.*

Last edited:

Sumeragi

Banned
Joseon Oceania (Western Hawaii, the Marianas)

Hawado: The entering into the Industrial Era made Joseon seek a secure source of sugar to feed its population. This resulted in a competition with the North American Powers over the control of the Hawaiian sugar plantations. Joseon had the advantage in being able to send workers to the plantations from its Chinese and Japanese sphere of influence, which it combined with capital from exporting its high-quality gold. When When Euro-American business leaders launched a coup against the Kingdom, Joseon quickly intervened and secured the western half of the Hawaiian islands. This slowly evolved into Hawado, a Korean/Japanese-centered Creole nation, and eventually joined Joseon as a full province.

Namyang Gundo: In exchange for allowing (some European country or the Rumelians) access into the northern Japanese market, Joseon was able to buy the Marianas from the Republic.

JoseonOceania.PNG

Last edited:
You're got to be kidding me. QuoProQuid is offline...well, we posted our claim posts at the exact same time, and mine probably would have been before his if I hadn't had to go back and add the filler...should I just go and compromise with him if I take some of what he wants?

You're got to be kidding me. QuoProQuid is offline...well, we posted our claim posts at the exact same time, and mine probably would have been before his if I hadn't had to go back and add the filler...should I just go and compromise with him if I take some of what he wants?

I'm online, but feel free to go ahead of me if you want.

A large claim and a small one...my American power has colonized New Zealand (with there being no British-Empire-equivalent, it is left alone by Europeans until the 1830s or so) and controls Niue, the Phoenix Islands, and their half of partitioned Hawaii as naval stations (and a source of crops, concerning Hawaii). East Anglia controls a pathetic Pacific colony consisting of the Gilbert Islands and Kingman Reef and Palmyra Atoll.

ep1QI.png

@Sumeragi - I'm guessing you got the name Kanawiki from the Ill Bethisad project? That name was a Hawaiianized version of the name "Sandwich," as in "Sandwich Islands," which were named for the Earl of Sandwich, patron of Captain Cook. ... I'm doubting that such a set of circumstances happened in this TL. Ill Bethisad is an awful lot more tolerant of convergences than map continuations are. :D

Meh, I have to go now, but if we could keep at least some islands in the Pacific for the Aristogogic "scientific experiments"(the end is nigh!), I would appreciate it.

Sumeragi

Banned
@Sumeragi - I'm guessing you got the name Kanawiki from the Ill Bethisad project? That name was a Hawaiianized version of the name "Sandwich," as in "Sandwich Islands," which were named for the Earl of Sandwich, patron of Captain Cook. ... I'm doubting that such a set of circumstances happened in this TL. Ill Bethisad is an awful lot more tolerant of convergences than map continuations are. :D
All right, I'll fall back on a Koreanized version of the name Hawaii: Hawado (Kawato in Japanese).