Another preview of one of my timelines

Straha

Banned
Here's another preview of my confederate timeline. This time its a map of the world's political systems. Enjoy.

CSA3.GIF

Is it too much to hope that that massive conservative monarchy is ruled by the Hapsburgs?

Map looks good... I wish more people would use the Political Systems on their map.

Straha said:
Sorry no its the kaiser's germany...
The Hapsburg Emperor's title was Kaiser as well, you know... Probably just another standard "Austria-Hungary falls apart for no real reason and then Wilhelm II takes it all because he feels like it" event, right?

Straha

Banned
austria hungary implodes in a bloody civil war so its not for no reason. Try european stability ass a reason.

Straha

Banned
the stress of WWI despite being a central powers victory combined with austria-hungary being in decline lead to the whole system collapsing in the 20's and 30's...

Straha said:
the stress of WWI despite being a central powers victory combined with austria-hungary being in decline lead to the whole system collapsing in the 20's and 30's...
I guess I'll have to see your timeline before I say more...

Straha

Banned
Austria-hungay's implosion is... unpleasant to say the least. Germany moves in to restore order..

Straha said:
Austria-hungay's implosion is... unpleasant to say the least. Germany moves in to restore order..
I'd have to ask why it would be unpleasent when it really wasn't that unpleasant during OTL, and OTL was during a massive losing of a World War, while this seems to be in a world where Austria-Hungary won said war...

Try a reformist Austrian Emperor deciding to give the Slavs more rights, angering the Hungarians, who have traditionally had a lot of power through keeping the Slavs under their thumbs, leading to their eventual secession from the Empire, leading to a civil war, leading to a collapse of the remaining portion of Austria-Hungary as Austrian and Serbian leaders decide to call it quits, followed by militaristic German annexation of the sucessor states.

Straha

Banned
1 what do you mean stop? This japan has korea and taiwan in 2004. Japan didn't have the militarists take power. Its been a firm Union ally since the 1890's

2 Nice suggestion Romulus. Very nice.

Romulus Augustulus said:
Try a reformist Austrian Emperor deciding to give the Slavs more rights, angering the Hungarians, who have traditionally had a lot of power through keeping the Slavs under their thumbs, leading to their eventual secession from the Empire, leading to a civil war, leading to a collapse of the remaining portion of Austria-Hungary as Austrian and Serbian leaders decide to call it quits, followed by militaristic German annexation of the sucessor states.
Let's see problems wrong with that...
Austria would have massive advantages in a Hungarian secession, especially if they have the slavs on their sides.
And I don't really see Germany annexing Austria-Hungary... Note that Germany has tried to be ethnically German and mostly Protestant, which Austria-Hungary goes almost completely against. Also, Germany and Austria-Hungary are allies who have just won a World War together. Germany would be helping Austria put down Hungary, not laughing greedily...

Straha said:
1 what do you mean stop? This japan has korea and taiwan in 2004. Japan didn't have the militarists take power. Its been a firm Union ally since the 1890's
So, what happens to keep the Japanese from attacking Russia in 1905? I know that they probably still do, but that was almost the spark that caused the Japanese belief of superiority.

Straha

Banned
japan DID attack them. That's why they own alaska and sakhalin. We jsut didn't see the insane militarists due to more US influence.

Imajin said:
Let's see problems wrong with that...
Austria would have massive advantages in a Hungarian secession, especially if they have the slavs on their sides.
And I don't really see Germany annexing Austria-Hungary... Note that Germany has tried to be ethnically German and mostly Protestant, which Austria-Hungary goes almost completely against. Also, Germany and Austria-Hungary are allies who have just won a World War together. Germany would be helping Austria put down Hungary, not laughing greedily...

I'd need more background context on Straha's timeline...

And I'm sure a Hungarian secession would work to fracture Austria-Hungary. Even if it was ultimately a failure, with the Hungarian revolution ultimately put down, I think that it would probably be a horrible bloodbath, horrible enough to badly shake the faith of the people of Austria-Hungary in their belief of the continued viability of the existence of their empire...