Countries of an Alternate World Zeta Two - Americas

Continuing on from the last one. We'll still discuss the history of Eurasia and North Africa, and as of this post there is still room on that thread's map for countries.

You are definitely allowed to create new lines in this Americas map, many of the preexisting provinces are somewhat arbitrary.

Also, here are topographic maps of large sections of the Americas:
Argentina
USA
Canada
Mexico
Brazil
Colombia
Peru
All America

Here's the first post of the other one, which has maps of the world in 1700 and the rules:

Another one. This time we'll just move on to the next region instead of deliberating on history and having the game die. History will be discussed the entire time rather than just at the end.

---

For those new to it:

Post a name of a country and add it to the map. Once a region of the world (one region per thread) is completed, we will move onto the next region--the regions are, "Eurasia and North Africa", "Sub-Saharan Africa and Oceania", and "The Americas".
We will discuss the world's history all while we add to the map.

The map is not on this post because it'd stretch it out and make it nigh-impossible to read.

Important rules and info:

- THE POD IS 1700. This means no Aragon, no Leon, no al-Andalus, no Byzantine Empire, no Kingdom of Burgundy, etc., unless you have a really good explanation.

- THE CURRENT YEAR IS 2011.

- YOU MUST CLAIM BEFORE YOU POST A MAP, SO THAT YOU DON'T CONFLICT WITH ANYONE ELSE'S NATIONS.

- REALISM.

- IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO USE THE PROVINCES ALREADY ON THE MAP, THOUGH IF YOU HAVE TO, YOU CAN CREATE NEW LINES. New lines are very recommended in Africa and North America.

- ONCE YOU HAVE FILLED IN YOUR NATION, EITHER COLOR THE INTERNAL BORDERS GREY, OR GET RID OF THEM ENTIRELY. If you claim a large nation, you absolutely must do this or else your nation is disregarded, unless you claim later to fix your nation yourself, in which case it's just fine.

Useful maps:

I claim first.

Here is the starting map:
altworld zetatwo 3.png

altworld zetatwo 3.png

I was going to add a union of encompassing most of the the Antilles islands, but I seem to be having problems with uploading.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to forfeit my turn. I am truly sorry.

Here is a little talk from a proud Southerner from the Grand Duchy.

"Yes, life in the Grand Southern Duchy is slow and easy, just how us Southerners like it! In Tenesi, there is a brilliant winery that makes the Duchy's favourite beer, Grand Old Bitter. In North Carolina there is a regular income of immigrants who wants to be Southern, and I cant blame them for wanting to be! In South Carolina, there is a lot of blacks, they got their freedom in 1899. In Georgia, there is large crops of cotton, all ready to be sold! In West, East and South Florida, there is regular holidaymakers who want to see the sights, like Jonesworld Resort. In Mobile, there is a lot of Frenchies, hell the government speaks half Frenchie! The neighbours to the West, what-do-you-callit, Lousiana or summat, they buy a lot of tobacco from us.

Prefrence

Banned
I claim next
also can I please ask that New Foundland and the big island off of British Colombia is left alone?

Remember to consider that Canada should be all French. If Louisiana could endure as a French speaking area and eventually become an independent empire, then the French must not have lost the Seven Years' War, or the war in question never happened at all.

Remember to consider that Canada should be all French. If Louisiana could endure as a French speaking area and eventually become an independent empire, then the French must not have lost the Seven Years' War, or the war in question never happened at all.
Not so, the American Revolution could has never happened, so the French could has never sold Louisiana.
OR the peace treaty could has ceded Canada but left Louisiana