Countries of an Alternate World Zeta Two - Eurasia and North Africa

Another one. This time we'll just move on to the next region instead of deliberating on history and having the game die. History will be discussed the entire time rather than just at the end.

---

For those new to it:

Post a name of a country and add it to the map. Once a region of the world (one region per thread) is completed, we will move onto the next region--the regions are, "Eurasia and North Africa", "Sub-Saharan Africa and Oceania", and "The Americas".
We will discuss the world's history all while we add to the map.

The map is not on this post because it'd stretch it out and make it nigh-impossible to read.

Important rules and info:

- THE POD IS 1700. This means no Aragon, no Leon, no al-Andalus, no Byzantine Empire, no Kingdom of Burgundy, etc., unless you have a really good explanation.

- THE CURRENT YEAR IS 2011.

- YOU MUST CLAIM BEFORE YOU POST A MAP, SO THAT YOU DON'T CONFLICT WITH ANYONE ELSE'S NATIONS.

- REALISM.

- IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO USE THE PROVINCES ALREADY ON THE MAP, THOUGH IF YOU HAVE TO, YOU CAN CREATE NEW LINES. New lines are very recommended in Africa and North America.

- ONCE YOU HAVE FILLED IN YOUR NATION, EITHER COLOR THE INTERNAL BORDERS GREY, OR GET RID OF THEM ENTIRELY. If you claim a large nation, you absolutely must do this or else your nation is disregarded, unless you claim later to fix your nation yourself, in which case it's just fine.

Useful maps:

Last edited:
I claim first.

EDIT:

Ottoman Union

altworld zetatwo 2.png

altworld zetatwo 2.png

Let me explain about the UFR. I was thinking of a Germany-analogue, in which Fench people was forced to move off a lot of land.
That seems pretty ASB. I can't see any more land other than the border with Belgium and the region of Alsace-Lorraine being irreversibly de-'French'ed. In addition, you did not grey or delete the internal borders.

That seems pretty ASB. I can't see any more land other than the border with Belgium and the region of Alsace-Lorraine being irreversibly de-'French'ed. In addition, you did not grey or delete the internal borders.
Cleaned it and expanded France significantly.

Cleaned it and expanded France significantly.
Better, but still awkward. If France became TTL's Germany, aka, its 'evil' nation, then it'd probably lose Occitania and Alsace-Lorraine, maybe a tiny chunk of Breizh, but it wouldn't have those weird borders that ignore good possible geographical boundaries. France and Occitania are pretty well defined by the Alps and Pyrenees so I don't think that part of it's borders would change.

If it didn't lose Occitania, then it'd only lose stuff in the Northeast.

I'd recommend just having it lose Occitania though because that would look better on the map.

Agatho go ahead and add your nation if it is not close to France.

Better, but still awkward. If France became TTL's Germany, aka, its 'evil' nation, then it'd probably lose Occitania and Alsace-Lorraine, maybe a tiny chunk of Breizh, but it wouldn't have those weird borders that ignore good possible geographical boundaries. France and Occitania are pretty well defined by the Alps and Pyrenees so I don't think that part of it's borders would change.

If it didn't lose Occitania, then it'd only lose stuff in the Northeast.
I was thinking of a "Republic of Bretagne" I'll remove Occitany.

Alright here it is. You may want to call it the Union of French Communes because those are small and the provinces on here are small. Otherwise, call it the Unitary French State because it wouldn't be a union of republics if it had no important internal borders.

altworld zetatwo 2.png

altworld zetatwo 2.png

Last edited:
Please make France ready, I have not enough time to implement the change, sorry.

But I present to you: The United Grand Duchy of Courland, Riga and Semigallia!

EDIT: Damn, didn't notice the claim list... If noone minds, I hope Courland stays, it is so rare to see it. Pretty please!?

altworld zetatwo 3.png

Prefrence go ahead and do your turn since Agatho is offline. Continue from my map.

I'll re-add Courland in my turn.

Prefrence

Banned
The Patrimony of St.Peter, otherwise known as the Papal States

Patrimony of St.Peter.png

When Spain fell into Revolution in the 1760's and condemed the Worship of God, the traditionally non militaristic Papal States joined the Coalition against Spain. The Coalition quickly won and the Kingdom of Naples was assigned to the Papal States for thier contributions to the Coalition.

Only recently (1981) did the Pope finally end Absolute Papal rule in the Patrimony, and reduced the role of Pope to a Spiritual and Symbolic one. The Prime Minister, with the College of Commoners and College of Cardinals rules the Country.

Patrimony of St.Peter.png

The Internet on my computer is down, so I can't post a map, but I'd like to claim. If I haven't gotten my Internet back up by 6:30, feel free to disregard my claim.