DBWI: What if the Second Mexican Empire fell?

I was wondering, after doing some history homework on one of the world's most industrialized and powerful nations, and thought, what if the monarchy fell for the second time in Mexico? What if France didn't get any land from joint invasions of the USA (or whatever the old nation was called back then) with Mexico? Just curious on your thoughts.

I am pretty sure That the states would have won the second American War, taking the Californias, Texas, Chihuahua and maybe even Florida.

People are even saying that Guatemala would be annexed.

OOC: is the POD 1822?

I was wondering, after doing some history homework on one of the world's most industrialized and powerful nations, and thought, what if the monarchy fell for the second time in Mexico? What if France didn't get any land from joint invasions of the USA (or whatever the old nation was called back then) with Mexico? Just curious on your thoughts.

Well, if the Second Mexican Empire fell (sooner rather than later) it would probably be for the benefit of everyone in Mexico. Wasn't Mexico one of the poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere, with a very high amount of inequality in just about everything for the longest time, when it was an empire, until the Revolution happened? Not to mention Mexico throwing off its French sponsors during that period (forgot the dates) because Mexicans were angry over the blatant French interference, even though that didn't save Mexico from the Revolution.