Map Continuation X - Map 5 - Zenobia/South America

• Thread starter Deleted member 4898
  • Start date

Deleted member 4898

Map Continuation X
Zenobia
As in OTL, South America is likely to have been split between two colonial powers – France and Castile – NO OTHER COUNTRY HAD MAJOR COLONIAL HOLDINGS. Therefore, almost all the countries should be descended from those two, save for perhaps a few ‘Guiana’ type colonies from other powers. There will be no states founded by natives, although there may be states with majority native populations like Bolivia in OTL.

Areas coloured grey on the map are NOT allowed to be claimed on, as they are part of other continents. Borders must be ONE PIXEL THICK and coloured black. The map must always be saved as a PNG image.

The moderators are myself, Trovador, Benkarnell and Knepah, and we have reserve a right to alter borders slightly if we see fit. Note that you may claim several nations on one continent, but try to keep it to no more than two unless we need more.

Zenobia.png

What happened with the idea of claiming lands to the colonial powers first (ie, before the independences), and after this phase, we create the post-colonial nations over it?

Also, I think it's more probable to have Mauretanan colonies in Zenobia Austral rather than in the northern continent.

What happened with the idea of claiming lands to the colonial powers first (ie, before the independences), and after this phase, we create the post-colonial nations over it?

Also, I think it's more probable to have Mauretanan colonies in Zenobia Austral rather than in the northern continent.

Maretania;s got quite a huge African empire - maybe its colonies in Zenobia have to stay small?

Federation of Platinea. Feel free to alter the borders slightly as I, myself, am not too satisfied with how it went.

plat1.PNG

Maretania;s got quite a huge African empire - maybe its colonies in Zenobia have to stay small?

Well, they got it only in the XIXth Century.
I was only going to claim one piece of land, actually:
the Republic of Adamantea, a Franco-Mauretanan colony. The French population is of the Redemptist church, while most Mauretanans are still Catholic.

The name is after the rich gold and diamond mines found in the region by the Mauretanans, in the 1600s.

mcx_zenobia.png

Please elaborate. What does that mean, and where does the country come from?
I twas a former Castillian colony. Castulle previously dominated the area, until it revolted. However, there was no common identity so after achieving independance, the whole place crumbled and diverged into different states, which were rife with corruption and dictators. Later on, though, a coup took place in one of these states. The new leader that rose began to quickly transform his own nation into a military powerhouse and conquered a rivalling state(names don't matter). This was not in the interests of the other states, so in order to curbstomp this new leader they formed a coalition and attacked him. They were, however, stopped and decisively defeated later own, and annexed to the couped state, creating the Republic of Platinea. There were some insurgencies so in order to quell them, several decades later, the government decided to become less centralistic and allow those provinces a degree of autonomy, until it was finally declared that Platinea is a federation. And everyone lived happily ever after.

Elyse, a small nation of proud hardy independent farming types that seceded from whatever colony occupied the north. Mainstream culture is French, but there are many other immigrant groups and a large Mapuche underclass. A cross between all the Deserets and all the Cascadias you've ever seen in AH, but in Zenobia.

Elyse.png

Deleted member 4898

Not really. If this could happen in OTL, than lots of different arrangements could happen in TTL.
It does seem a bit strange given that your country borders a Castilophone country. It suggests that Castile colonised the south, and France the north, does it not?

It does seem a bit strange given that your country borders a Castilophone country. It suggests that Castile colonised the south, and France the north, does it not?
I agree. BTW here is the flag of the Zenobian Commonwealth. it is supposed to be the USA-equivalent in this world.

Zenobian Commonwealth.png

I'll explain again: the colonization of South America proceded from a number of centers. In OTL, Spain colonized Chile and the Andes from Peru. Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay expanded out from Buenos Aires. Brazil expanded in from the coasts. Chile and Argentina were not, and probably could never be, colonized as a unit. The Andes are a fairly insurmountable barrier.

Given that the entire west coast is unclaimed, my claim suggests that Chile, at least, was colonized by France, perhaps starting in Peru as happened in OTL.

@Dr Tron - excellent flag, sir.